did anyone else get this in the mail lately?

is it like a cheaper mass produce lines of the custom relic or is it just a new name.

if anything are they worth it?
I just saw them on the Fender site literally a minute ago, the 50s Tele looks nice
HI
i think its an MIA fender just with some road wear.. i saw it and they are sexy. the strats and teles are 950$
^areyou sure its MIA?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Russian1
no im not sure. but if they are 950$ theres no way they are mexican ones

I'm actually pretty sure that Fender confirmed they are MIM. That's why they are a total ripoff. However, due to the 30% price hike, MIA standards are now $1300, so they're not that close to MIA prices. Still a ripoff though.
Personally they look sexy to me. I'm a fan of road-worn guitars, if I get a job/my next get-rich-quick scheme works, I'm probably going for the 50's strat. Black or sunburst?(I'd go with black easily, but with my playing style, I'd be called a Slowhand wannabe)

Edit; Actually, I could probably just beat on my strat and put in a pair of Tex Mex's or the exact same stuff, but for $85. Thoughts?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by CitizenErased78
I'm actually pretty sure that Fender confirmed they are MIM. That's why they are a total ripoff. However, due to the 30% price hike, MIA standards are now $1300, so they're not that close to MIA prices. Still a ripoff though.

where are they 1300? still 999 on every site and store i go to
/\/\ I hadn't ever heard about the raise in MIA prices either. That's disappointing if it's true.

I was really excited when I saw the Road Worn guitars, but after finding out that it's gonna cost me $950 for a beat up MIM I came to the conclusion that I could do just as good a job at beating up a $400 MIM.

Granted these are supposed to "re-issues" so they're probably more compareable to the Classic Series Strats, which are around $700. but still that's another $250 to get it beaten up. It all depends on whether or not you want to spend the money. Personally I think I'll skip these and buy a used Classic 50's and do the dirty work myself.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
i looked at them when i got the postcard too.

i thought they looked ok, but didnt see that they were MIA.

looked into it, yep mim and total rip off, imo.

i bet withing the year they will drop in price a couple hundred.

MARK MY WORDS!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
They look all right, but would you really want your guitar to be beaten up, and look just like the guitar next to it? Knowing however any thousands of people will have an identical guitar, the effect would wear off real quick. It's not like it's personal in the slightest.
I've never been one for pre-worn guitars, but that may just be me.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Hmm, seems like a lot of money for a worn out looking mexican made guitar. The idea is good, but geez you can get a custom shop guitar made to look reliced for probably 4 to 5 hundred more. One thing that is promising though, and that is they now have the ability to spray nitro in the mexico facility, something that I dont believe has been ever done before. ( unless they just shipped the bodies from the U.S. Who knows) Maybe we'll see more nitro finished MIM guitars in the future.
fender classic 60's reissue telecaster
2008 MIJ paisley telecaster
fender superchamp xd
1978 fender super twin reverb
roland microcube
boss ce-2 chorus(MIJ)
Quote by jj1565
i looked at them when i got the postcard too.

i thought they looked ok, but didnt see that they were MIA.

looked into it, yep mim and total rip off, imo.

i bet withing the year they will drop in price a couple hundred.

MARK MY WORDS!

Shoot! Those things won't last a week before I give in to an itch and re-finished them and made them look like new ... if I was crazy enough to get them.

wow so they are mim and cost around 950? lol forget it rather getting a american standard and do the damage yourself. at least then it would be personal
I agree with some of the others. I like a new guitar to look new. I would rather wear out my guitar myself. It does not really bother me that they come from mexico if the guitars play well and have decent hardware. The fender recomened price is usually above what you would normally pay once they guitars have been in stores for a while. Personaly I just bought a 60s classic player strat so it will be a long time before I need another strat.
Quote by Russian1
where are they 1300? still 999 on every site and store i go to

Sorry about that, Fender hasn't confirmed that it will be 30%, but only that there will be "a large price increase" on all items beginning on Feb. 1st of 2009. The 30% thing was a rumor going around, but no one has actually confirmed the amount IIRC. And since it hasn't kicked in yet, you can still get MIA standards for the old price.
Quote by gearjammer
Hmm, seems like a lot of money for a worn out looking mexican made guitar. The idea is good, but geez you can get a custom shop guitar made to look reliced for probably 4 to 5 hundred more. One thing that is promising though, and that is they now have the ability to spray nitro in the mexico facility, something that I dont believe has been ever done before. ( unless they just shipped the bodies from the U.S. Who knows) Maybe we'll see more nitro finished MIM guitars in the future.

All the Mexican bodies, necks, electronics are made in the US. They are just sent down to Mexico to be assembled.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel
Hello Pickers!

I just signed up for the forums. I was looking into some reviews (if any) for the new Fender Road Worn Strats. I will throw my 2 bits in here...

I love the feel and sound of the old gear. There is a reason why the old guitars are worn out...they sound great and are constantly played. I really am not overly excited at an instrument that looks like it just came from the factory, for me, it has no character or experience. ( as I read over what I wrote, it doesn't make sense to me either. It's still a new guitar that has no experience...it just has faked character)

I perform music from the 1940's and 1950's, pulling out a PRS or a Hamer guitar just doesn't make sense. Since I don't want to gig with a $10K 50's strat for fear of someone stealing it...a road worn strat makes sense to me. I'm not in the tax bracket that can afford the "relic" series yet, so the Road Worn series is an option for me. I get that vintage look and feel, and yet it's affordable.

Though, I am like most of you, wondering in the back of my mind if buying a $400 strat, sanding off some of the finish, reapplying yellowed laquer and a set of Texas Specials isn't cheaper. But the again, with a day job, two bands, and a handful of kids, who's got the time for that?

I for one am considering a Road Worn Strat...
2- Epiphone ES-295
1- Epiphone ES-175
1- Gretsch 5120 Electromatic
1- Strat Plus Deluxe
1- Fender 50's Road Worn Strat
1- Fender Blues DeVille 4X10
1- Fender Blues Deville 2X12
1- Fender Blues Deluxe 1X12
1- Ex-wife
1- Wife
6- Kids
I just saw 3 of these at Guitar Center. I was completely blown away at how authentic they look. I actually asked the guy who brought them in because I thought they were really old.

What's interesting is that everything that looks sounded down on the neck is actually as smooth as a normal neck. It's just made to look that way.

There's also real holes and scratches in them too.

Fender did an amazing job with these. I would never buy one, but they are damn cool to look at.
Quote by CitizenErased78

My MIM costed 1300€ (!€!) new.
OK Kids...

I bit the bullet and got one of these yesterday...I will give a detailed review on it in a few days once I run it through the ringer.
2- Epiphone ES-295
1- Epiphone ES-175
1- Gretsch 5120 Electromatic
1- Strat Plus Deluxe
1- Fender 50's Road Worn Strat
1- Fender Blues DeVille 4X10
1- Fender Blues Deville 2X12
1- Fender Blues Deluxe 1X12
1- Ex-wife
1- Wife
6- Kids