If you think about it, all the main popular music genres like rock, hip-hop, pop, electronica/dance have all evolved greaty from the 90s. I mean I can hear a song I've never heard, and guess pretty much it was made in the 90s or not. Just like you know you are listening to 80s music when you hear cheesy sax solos, synths, drums with lots of reverb, power ballads, etc...

For instance, rock bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Collective Soul, Third Eye Blind, Stone Temple Pilots, Cranberries, Soundgarden, Green Day, Blind Melon, Smashing Pumpkings, Alice In Chains, etc... Even though they are all different, they have that unique 90s sound to them.

Everywhere I'm reading, I see all this hype about the 90s becoming all retro and stuff. Just this decade, we've got synth pop that sounds right out of 80s, post-punk revival, pop and hip-hop stars bringing back 80s, etc....

I expect some new band to come out with a uber rocking album that you would mistake for another grunge release from 1992. I can only hope.
You clearly have never been to the pit if talking about the 90's as a distinct era is new to you.
Quote by electr8r

I expect some new band to come out with a uber rocking album that you would mistake for another grunge release from 1992. I can only hope.

Seether, Nickelback, and Puddle of Mudd have already tried that...multiple times.
From my point of view most bands that "we" collectively listen to are from the 90s anyway. There's really not a great deal of good bands that started from 2000 - present.
Quote by bassboy 999
From my point of view most bands that "we" collectively listen to are from the 90s anyway. There's really not a great deal of good bands that started from 2000 - present.

Look harder.
yes it is, You can tell the difference between the 90's and this decade by the tone of most of the instruments (now most of the guitarists have barely any mids and tons of treble, during the 90s it was very different) music is now faster than during the 90s and it has gone from awesome singing to aweful screaming,growling and grunting to cover up the aweful lyrics which were a staple of the 90s (I dont think that last part came out right, I meant lyrics during the 90s are awesome and now they either dont exist or are ****)

No I dont what period is
Last edited by ironman1478 at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by bendystraw
Look harder.

That there is a problem. That we have to look so hard to find them. In the meantime you're just being bombarded by crap. I didn't say there weren't any. Just that it's on the down.
Quote by bassboy 999

Alot of other countries have Great music springing about, mostly german and swedish metal.
America isnt the place for music nowadays, just ****ty rehashes.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by bassboy 999

Almost all of the bands that were at their peak during the 90's were terrible, save for Megadeth and Dream Theater and such, and RHCP depending on your viewpoint. And there are a ****load of good metal bands nowadays. If you prefer rock to metal, there's Airbourne, go listen to them.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X