So its been 2 years since my first electric guitar and I want to get better equipment due to my being in a band that seems promising. Right now I just have this Brownsville/Guitar Research starter pack. I'm looking at a Fender Telecaster for the guitar or a Peavey Windsor for the amp. A plus for the guitar is that my friend will give me his old Vox once i get the telecaster.
People will say schecter, don't listen to them.

Fenders are really good, people complain that you can't get real heavy with them, but you don't have to. Look at iron maiden, I think that's heavy enough.

Anyway, they're versatile guitars, if you want a strat.

You should try both strat's and tele's.
Last edited by nan0 at Jan 4, 2009,
iron maiden use moded strats that can get really heavy, a stock strat cant do those sounds good.
im not saying a fender is a bad choise but it really depands on what music is he playing.
Quote by nan0
People will say schecter, don't listen to them.

Fenders are really good, people complain that you can't get real heavy with them, but you don't have to. Look at iron maiden, I think that's heavy enough.

Anyway, they're versatile guitars, if you want a strat.

You should try both strat's and tele's.

He didn't even say what kind of music his band plays.

Maiden's guitars have SD hot rails in them. They are single coil sized humbuckers.

What's your budget and playing style?
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
punk/alternative/powerpop(shudders) but thats pushing it and my budget is around 500
Yeah i would go with the tele or strat i can name two people that use strats and teles

The Edge- U2 (stratocaster)
Jonny Greenwood- Radiohead (telecaster plus)

And y dont u look at thatt they are both from alternative bands
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me