Page 1 of 2
Great way to end my winter break I gotta come back to finals because we had a snow day on our last two finals. And today my dad just made everything wierd. He said my mom isn't gonna be sleeping here tonight and i thought she was dead or hurt and at the hospital then he said the words "your mother and I don't really get along anymore" and then i get this huge sinking feeling in my heart and i start to feel as if i don't know either of them anymore. Then he said he'd been talking to some women in tucson(which is where he travels for his job and also we used to live there) and he was starting to like her. Now whenever i see him I see him as a completely different person like i don't even want to be around him and he's being really nice and feels horrible which makes me feel bad for thinking in this way. I feel horrible and im really upset and i don't think i can go through this. Theres more stress piled onto my life. Anyone go through this now?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Thanx for sharing.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
these things are common man, woman are totally insane in general men need simple lives. you will get double xmas presents!
I haven't, but, statistically speaking, half of the Americans here can help.

I really don't know what to say other than that your parents still love you, even if they don't love each other anymore.
Quote by wizards?
You know I was kidding

*pinches thorazine's cheek*

One of these days, wizards, one of these days...

Anyway, that sucks dude. Hope everything works out and your life doesn't suck. And go to the hugging thread, Imdeth will cheer you up.

80th best UGer
Pit answer:
Get them to have make-up sex and fap to it.

Real answer:
I know that sinking feeling your talking about. Just take a step back and stop looking at them as your parents and look at them as a couple. Couples are bound to split apart from differences. The world is not ending. Everything will work out fine. Take my word for it.

Choose which ever option you like.
Last edited by coryklok at Jan 4, 2009,
I know how you feel dude. I've been through two divorces. Just remember that it isn't your fault. It'll all end up for the better though, trust me. It always does.
Quote by happytimeharry
I know how you feel dude. I've been through two divorces. Just remember that it isn't your fault. It'll all end up for the better though, trust me. It always does.

hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

well, I guess that's sort of true, as long as one of your parents doesn't turn around and get married to a total domineering psychopath.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The break up has nothing to do with you, and the man is still your father and he loves you. your mother still loves you also. It may be hard but you need to realize that its not about your feelings, consider how bad your mom and dad have been feeling to realize that a break up is the best thing to do.
Quote by coryklok
I know that sinking feeling your talking about. Just take a step back and stop looking at them as your parents and look at them as a couple.

I like this answer a lot. Parents are people too, you know.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
If anything, you should think of this as a golden time for manipulation.
You know that 3000 dollar les paul custom you've wanted since you could remember? Play your cards right, and you won't even have to pay for the amp that comes with it.

Joking aside, welcome to the club. I was four when my parents divorced, so it wasn't so bad for me. I'm lucky to have an awesome stepdad too.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

well, I guess that's sort of true, as long as one of your parents doesn't turn around and get married to a total domineering psychopath.

Don't be a prick. I'm trying to give some reassurance here. And at least in my experiences it has been for the better. If parents split it's usually for a good reason, and apparently they think they're better off apart then together.
Quote by happytimeharry
Don't be a prick. I'm trying to give some reassurance here. And at least in my experiences it has been for the better. If parents split it's usually for a good reason, and apparently they think they're better off apart then together.

I'm not being a prick just being honest, a good portion of my childhood was thoroughly messed up because of divorce and remarriage crap. I came out of it ok in the end, but it was still a very unpleasant 5 years.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I'm not being a prick just being honest, a good portion of my childhood was thoroughly messed up because of divorce and remarriage crap. I came out of it ok in the end, but it was still a very unpleasant 5 years.

Yeah, same here. Original parents divorced when I was about 7 or so. Mom got remarried when I was around 13. Divorced that asshole the following year. Initially, and the few years after it was awful, but I'm a stronger person today because of my childhood. You just gotta look for the good in even the shittiest of situations.
Fuck Tuscon. It's where dreams go to die, or so I've heard. (Hamlet 2 anyone?)

Seriously though, that's really sad TS. you need a hug. *Points in the right direction*
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Last edited by iceman_8319 at Jan 4, 2009,
My parents are seperated as well... and i felt that sinking feeling before, dude. It sucked....

then you start finding more **** out, and the bull**** scale tilts from side to side, and whichever side gets fuller and heavier, you gotta stay away from.

In my case, it was my moms side. Every ****ing thing she said was complete bull****, and when my dad told me some of the stupid **** she's done, It made me want to ****ing stay away from her even more. Then when i tried listening to her side of the story, it seemed like a bunch of ****ing whining about how she can't support herself even though she makes more money than my dad, and yet still has HIM pay the bills (except mortage...which is a little less than the total cost of the bills...)

It's a tough world my friend :\
But you'll get past it in a short while, then you can help other ppl whose parents are splitting.
Been there... Parents divorced when I was two. My dad remarried when I was five and my stepmom has basically raised me. From January-June last year, me and my dad lived in an apartment because he and my stepmom split up. This was not the first time they'd split up, but it was the longest. So I've kinda been down all of this twice.

My mom just recently remarried.

It's weird, seeing her with someone else... And having a stepmother, I have all of this "family" that isn't really family to me.

But it works out. If it's not right for them, it'd be just as hard to watch them struggle as to see them end it. Good luck to you... I know this is tough.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
Been there as well, my parents divorced when I was 11. It sucked because I was on good terms with my old man and he was the one who left. But eventually you just have to make due with it and live your life. Also understand that people are not always compatible, even if they stay together many years, like my parents did. Hell, my parents even left communist Poland together and set out to raise their children in a better place. It surprised me big time, but alas, what can you do?
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Thanx for sharing.

Wow you're a great big douche aren't you?

And TS, no I'm not going through any of that now. It's completely normal that when your parents aren't getting along well and one of them gets to know someone else(in this case your father who works in tuscon) they're bound to fall in love with said person. As much as you're going to dislike your father for doing this I'm sure you're matured enough to understand that since your parents don't get along anymore you're going to have to live with one of them so take time to think about it. I hope all things go well for you buddy.

EDIT: Oh and go to the hugging thread.
Last edited by hadillac at Jan 4, 2009,
Sorry man.

My parents aren't divorced but they absolutely hate each other. My dad is constantly talking about divorcing my mom or leaving her the day I move out. My mom is always saying that the marriage was a mistake and she wishes there was an easy way out of it. It's a tough thing to listen to, but I can't really say I'd understand what it feels like to have your parents divorce.

I hope that everything goes as well as it could possibly go for you.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
I can't imagine what my life would be like without both of my parents happy together...

And what's up with that 300 Counter Strike/Half-Life pic??
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
its not that bad. my parents are were divorced before i was born...i sticked with my mom cuz she could cook and clean
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
Quote by bfredder92
Great way to end my winter break I gotta come back to finals because we had a snow day on our last two finals. And today my dad just made everything wierd. He said my mom isn't gonna be sleeping here tonight and i thought she was dead or hurt and at the hospital then he said the words "your mother and I don't really get along anymore" and then i get this huge sinking feeling in my heart and i start to feel as if i don't know either of them anymore. Then he said he'd been talking to some women in tucson(which is where he travels for his job and also we used to live there) and he was starting to like her. Now whenever i see him I see him as a completely different person like i don't even want to be around him and he's being really nice and feels horrible which makes me feel bad for thinking in this way. I feel horrible and im really upset and i don't think i can go through this. Theres more stress piled onto my life. Anyone go through this now?

My parents have been divorced for a while, I gotta say that I WAY prefer them divorced.
Feed your mind.
that sucks man i know my sympathy isn't worth anything because im just some guy on the internet you don't know, but i really do hope things go ok for you.
It will be ok after a while you just get used to it my parents have been divorced since I was like 5, you get 2 christmas's 2 birthdays its kinda cool really. Also if you dont like one of them once you turn 18 you can live with whichever one you want to.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by happytimeharry

This.

As much as you would like for your parents to remain together, they wouldn't divorce unless they felt as if they had no other option.

This doesn't mean you can't still have positive relationships with both of them. My family was torn apart by drug addiction. My mother disappeared and my father was in jail. I don't live with either of them anymore.

Today, my Dad is out of the can and we go fishing every now and again. My mother is recovered and we talk over the phone almost every night and hang out on the weekends sometimes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that every cloud has a silver lining and that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. It'll also make you appreciate what you take for granted every day - I know it did for me.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
It might turn out for the best Just wait and see how things turn out..
Page 1 of 2