Im looking at either the peavey vypyr or vox valvetronix vt series. Dont play metal at all really. Play more blues, funk like Jimi H, Red Hots. The heaviest I would go would be probs led zep. So yeah any recomendations would be appreciated
Upper limit on budget?
How much power do you need? Gigs/jamming/bedroom?

I'd go for a true tube amp, even if it means saving up some more. No point in wasting money on a mediocre "hybrid" or modeling amp when the genres listed were founded on real tube amps.

Try some laneys? Dont know where you live so that would be helpful as well for your used market. Maybe some used mesas (f-30, etc.).

Tube sound is really a personal issue when deciding what sounds good, just go out and try some amps if applicable. If not, tell us you cant try many out.
i live in aus just outside of Brisbane where there are quite a few music shops. limit would probably be around $600 as ive already spent a fair bit on a new guitar. the amp would be mainly for bedroom practice. given the variety of amps and effects on the modelling amps i said before i thought they would be ideal for me
Those are two of the better modeling amps, but you can probably do better for the money.

Peavey Classic 30 maybe?
Quote by tigerking615
Those are two of the better modeling amps, but you can probably do better for the money.

Peavey Classic 30 maybe?

Not in Australia!

The Vox is a pretty good choice for the lower gain styles that you play, and the Vypyr is a good all rounder. But its all down to personal taste. Go try both at the guitar shop and see which one YOU like best.
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic