Page 1 of 3
I demand we have an award for "worst thread title ever" and award it to me.

I was do-zing some parusing on the Fender website and saw their 2 new basses:

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?section=basses&cat=new

Pretty cool if you ask me! They're their own series - my assumption is that they are to Relic custom shop basses as what the American Vintage series is to NOS custom shop basses.

Note that they're almost done phasing out their American Deluxe Precision line. Only available in Alder.

Also keep in mind that Fender constantly updates the New for 200x section every year, so keep an eye open for new goodies and report them here.

EDIT: Interesting notes - both instruments are made of Alder, even though the 50's should be Ash. I also noticed that the pickups were "generic" as opposed to "period correct", and the bass comes with a gig bag instead of a case. It wouldn't surprise me if these instruments are either not MIA, or are around the price of Highway Ones.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Jan 4, 2009,
Not a fan of the pink color or the pre-worn look, but those are awesome. I like the sunburst Precision. How long has it been since Fender put out a 2TS instrument?
Nope, no sig here.
Their 51 Precision is 2TS, and I believe the 50's MIM reissue comes in 2TS. I know for a fact that the American Vintage '57 Precision comes in 2TS.

But other than those 3, I can't think of any
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Mutant Corn
Not a fan of the pink color or the pre-worn look, but those are awesome. I like the sunburst Precision. How long has it been since Fender put out a 2TS instrument?

You don't like Fiesta Red?
That's pretty much the most beautiful finish Fender has ever made!
You damn dirty commie.

Jk.

But I do like a good Fiesta Red bass. Just wish they weren't "road worn".
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I guess they've had worse, like that puke green color they used a while back.

Quote by thefitz
Their 51 Precision is 2TS, and I believe the 50's MIM reissue comes in 2TS. I know for a fact that the American Vintage '57 Precision comes in 2TS.

But other than those 3, I can't think of any

Wow, I need to pay more attention...
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Jan 4, 2009,
why do they even make pre worn guitars i mean cmon i wanna guitar that i can destroy myself not by someone else aside from that there probably decent guitars but for Christsakes unless its a replica stop pre wearing them
Keep On Keepen' On
I saw somewhere where you could preorder them and the pricetag was around 1k USD, if it means anything. So yeah, you're probably right with thinking they won't be MIA standard quality.
They're made in Mexico and have a $1200 price tag.

Sexy but no thanks.
Quote by Miss G
They're made in Mexico and have a $1200 price tag.

Sexy but no thanks.

MIM?!?!

WHAT?!?!

No way anyone who knows what they're doing will buy one. I was expecting at least Japanese made.
Eh alot of things have high prices when there first produced, It will probably drop a fair bit.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Miss G how do you know they're MIM? I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6w2ArB_zzM here's a youtube video about them.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Last edited by Your41Plague12 at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by Your41Plague12
Miss G how do you know they're MIM? I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious. I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6w2ArB_zzM here's a youtube video about them.

These new "Road Worn" Basses have been talked about on Talkbass alot and there's even a thread about them.

Yes they're Made In Mexico and have a price tag of about $1200.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Last edited by FenderAmpeg93 at Jan 4, 2009,
They must be amazing to have a price tag that high. You can get an american standard cheaper than that.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Deliriumbassist
ugh... instruments that have been relic'd in a factory need to be burned.

agreed...i saw those a couple of days go on musiciansfriend. sigh.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
I'll really not a fan of the marketing or consumer mentality behind these instruments.

Have you seen the Fender promotional video? Made me cringe...

"Nothing we own is 'shiny' or 'new' "... like it's something to be proud of. Nothing wrong with worn gear, but it's pure inverse snobbery.
Just checked MF's website and this is what I got.

Road Worn Precision

$1200! I'd rather have an American Standard...
Squier VM TB Bass
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Last edited by FenderAmpeg93 at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by grifff
They are probably so expensive because they are relics which is gay but whatever.
Not to mention the Road Worn relics don't even look authentic. Seriously, I love Fender but what were they thinking when they designed these Road Worn basses. The Custom Shop relic looks absolutely authentic but that's what you'd expect for about $2500.
Squier VM TB Bass
On the topic of Fender, anybody else know about their price hike? As of February 1st all prices on new Fenders are going up 20%. That's probably why they cost so much.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
The jazz looks good in 3TS, but if I was to get a relic, it'd be a custom shop, but I wouldnt even get one anyway.
$1200 for an MIM!!!
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by fleajr_1412
On the topic of Fender, anybody else know about their price hike? As of February 1st all prices on new Fenders are going up 20%. That's probably why they cost so much.

The Geddy Lee signature model has gone up 300-400 USD In the past 2-3 years. It's starting to become rediculous.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
ugh... instruments that have been relic'd in a factory need to be burned.

If they did that, they could probably stick another couple of hundred on the price tag.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by fleajr_1412

That sucks
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by fleajr_1412

Good thing too, my next bass is a musicman for sure, even though i would like a american deluxe.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
according to TB they are MIM, i think the price is outrageous i cant wait to see what fender thinks of nexxt
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
cant get the whole "road worn" or "relic'd" look. if u want it that way buy cheap and get sum sandpaper lol
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by fatgoogle
Good thing too, my next bass is a musicman for sure, even though i would like a american deluxe.

its a good thing how?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
no MIM is worth $1200 especially when its wrecked for me, i like to wreck my stuff myself thank you very much

and where the hell is the maple fretboard on the jazz bass? are single coil pickups allergic to maple or something

in all fairness i think this range of basses is ****ing awful
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by fleajr_1412

does this apply to squiers as well?
did anyone else think that this is kinda like when you first saw worn out jeans in stores?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Quote by fleajr_1412

Yeah I read that too... Horrible, to raise prices that much when the economy is pretty much screwed.
Quote by gm jack
If they did that, they could probably stick another couple of hundred on the price tag.

I can imagine the advert...

"We wanted these basses so worn, that we actually burnt down our factory to get them in such fine condition. Nothing says hard work and gig sweat like a 60's era Jazz with aged vintage pickups, worn finish and the stench of burning luthier death."
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I can imagine the advert...

"We wanted these basses so worn, that we actually burnt down our factory to get them in such fine condition. Nothing says hard work and gig sweat like a 60's era Jazz with aged vintage pickups, worn finish and the stench of burning luthier mexican factory worker death."

fixed
Quote by guitarhero_764

Oh dear god.

All Americans - Sign up for the Pete Wentz competition.

SIGNED GEAR!

DO IT.

DO IT.

DO IT.

DO IT!!!!!!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Oh dear god.

All Americans - Sign up for the Pete Wentz competition.

SIGNED GEAR!

DO IT.

DO IT.

DO IT.

DO IT!!!!!!

in all fairness, if you actually won, you could sell it on ebay, then buy a good bass with the moneys

Quote by skater dan0
no MIM is worth $1200 especially when its wrecked for me, i like to wreck my stuff myself thank you very much

so in theory i could take my used p bass i just got for 200 quid, wreck the finish, and sell it for three times the price i got it for!

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Last edited by shinhoman at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by shinhoman
in all fairness, if you actually won, you could sell it on ebay, then buy a good bass with the moneys

so in theory i could take my used p bass i just got for 200 quid, wreck the finish, and sell it for three times the price i got it for!

x

i'd rather buy it for 3 times the price then wreck the finish myself
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Page 1 of 3