OK Bass forum, sorry if this is one of those commonly asked stupid questions, but do Marshall make good bass amps? I know they're a famous brand, but i've never seen them mentioned in the bass forum (FAQ or otherwise..) so I have no idea if they're any good.

Enlighten me please
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Im pretty sure that this forums thoughts are that they are okay, but you can do much better for the money, and that marshall should probably stick to guitar amps
I did a BPoTM on Chris Wolstenholme of MUSE. He has used Marshall exclusively since after MUSE's first album (sowbiz) made it big, which is around the early 2000's. I love his tone, so by association I love marshall bass amps. Go for it brah, if it is not expensive it is probably good.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Marshall makes very, very few bass amps, and many of the bass amps they make are used as guitar amps. They think that bass cabs are the same as guitar cabs, and a side-by-side 412 and 415 are some of the things that they made. They only really have 1 bass head (with the said 412) but have also made an 810 I saw the other day. EQ wise they're very, very simple, much like their guitar amps - something not desirable on a bass amp in my opinion. They're an archaic company, but with guitars it's charming. With bass, it's pathetic.

Unless you're talking about their small combo amps... which suck about as much as... all... small... combo... amps... EVER.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
there tube bass amps aren't bad sounding but as far as i'm concerned you can do worlds better for worlds less
Keep On Keepen' On
Not very good bass amp company. I guess they are OK if you like simple stuff, but I feel Bassists really need a graphic EQ.
DB Player
Quote by abornael
Not very good bass amp company. I guess they are OK if you like simple stuff, but I feel Bassists really need a graphic EQ.

Yes.

My current amp doesn't have one and I miss it
I thin there ok If you get one of there heads defiantly matrch it with a different cab. You could do worse.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul