I hear they're total knock-offs of the Stratocaster, but still made by Fender. I'm totally aware of that, and so soon enough I'm going to upgrade to a Fender Telecaster and even get a Gibson SG down the road.

Good decision? Get back to me. OH YEAH!
What amp do you have?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I have a fender squier strat too and i think it's ok as a beginner guitar and really with a decent amp it does have good sound
Vox valvetronics line was sadly discontinued. Get one quick
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

The Valvetronix isn't much of an upgrade, it's more like moving sideways unless you want more rock/blues tone instead of metal since the Cube and Valvetronix are on par with each other quality wise. I would recommend getting a different amp, it probably won't be long until you'll want another upgrade from that Valvetronix. What genres do you play? What's your budget?

Quote by spootz
Vox valvetronics line was sadly discontinued. Get one quick

They will probably release a new line similar to it soon, just like Mesa "discontinues" the Mark series but then releases a new version shortly after. Also, it's not like he won't be able to find one just because they've stopped producing them, they'll continue to be on sales floors and online for a while, not to mention buying used.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Last edited by thsrayas at Jan 4, 2009,
They already have the new ones, the VT series instead of the ADVT. So you'd get a VT50 instead of an AD50VT.
Quote by Toker420
Does fender make squier or did they just buy out that **** company?

Fender created the brand, though the actual name 'Squier' was apparently bought in the '60s. They were originally made in the USA, then Japan, and now mostly Korea and China (and possibly Indonesia?). Unlike most of the copies, they'e built to licensed Fender designs.

Unlike the cheaper Epiphones (Gibson's rough equivalent), they're pretty good for the price - the Custom Telecaster II is brilliant value. Their stuff is by no means 'knock offs', although quality control means that some are great and some are absolute turkeys...

Actually, a guy at our jam night has a late 70's Japanese Squier and it's one of the finest Strats I've ever laid my hands on!
Quote by kyle62
Their stuff is by no means 'knock offs', although quality control means that some are great and some are absolute turkeys...

This. My Squier plays better than many MIM Fenders I have played, you just have to try them out and find a good one.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by DavidsonTFP
I hear they're total knock-offs of the Stratocaster, but still made by Fender. I'm totally aware of that, and so soon enough I'm going to upgrade to a Fender Telecaster and even get a Gibson SG down the road.

Good decision? Get back to me. OH YEAH!

like said,
don't worry about the brand name.
fender and gibson aren't the only companies out there.

after you've been playing a while, you'll find that most players find the best brand FOR THEM.
gibson has quality control problems just like everyone else. not saying there's anything wrong with gibson in general. just using them as example.

so, i suggest you play and find a good guitar, not just a well known name,

and that you look at used gear too. often you can get a huge upgrade just by buying an amp or guitar that's been sitting in someone elses closet for a few years.

lastly, before you decide on your next amp. play on this one a little longer and make sure you're upgrading enough so that you won't outgrow your Next amp too soon.

good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
totally go for amp first though, totally...
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
totally?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
totally?

sorry but he is so optimistic!
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
good amp > good guitar
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
he's got a cube 20. probably fine for his use. what's the problem?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i love squiers.
one time when fender was replacing the neck on my strat, the shop loaned me a squier strat for while my guitar was away. i was pissed about the fact that my guitar needed a new neck because i had just bought it a week earlier, and then they give me some cheapo squier. needless to say, i treated that squier very poorly. i through it around, dropped, i was beating it with my fist when getting feedback. but TBH, it took the beating like a champ. and it sounded and played (after i set it up) great the entire time. as soon as i get my new amp purchased, i will be grabbing myself a nice squier tele as soon as i have an extra hundred bucks or so.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
squier teles are the ****, and there are actually some more expensive squiers that are just as good or better as the Epiphone Elitists imo

i started with the squier strat pack. my guitar wasn't that great, and right now it's in bits and pieces, but that is one rock solid piece of equipment I can count on.

right now I'm putting one of my old ibanez/duncan humbuckers in it and maybe replacing the neck

it was made in indonesia by the way, they are indeed made there
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!