Page 1 of 2
Well, tommorow me and my gf are going to breakup. That much is certain. Hopefully it will be a break type thing. But there are a few thing I'm not sure what to do about.

First, of all, is when and where. My girlfriend lives about 40 minutes away from me. Tommorrow she is coming over like she does pretty much every Sunday. I didn't want to be a bitch and do it over the phone, but there are options I was thinking about.

1) Do it as soon as she gets to my house.
I don't want to sit and around a pretend like everything is fine, because it's not. And she is going to be very emotional, she is going to cry alot, and worst of all, pretty much no matter what happens I'm going to have to give her a ride home. And I'm not sure if I can handle and irate, emotionally unstable girl for the 40 minutes its going to take me to bring her there.

2) Wait around around all day, and tell her on the way back to her house.
There would be less time that I would have to deal with her crying and stuff. But I think if she comes over, I might feel bad and whimp out. And like I said before I don't want to sit around pretending everything is OK.

The other thing I'm wondering if I should give back the stuff that she gave me for Christmas. We've been together for like a year and a half, but I don't want her to think that I've been planning this, and waited til after I got some presents. Because it's not and I don't want her walking away like she's been used.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Jan 4, 2009,
I suggest asking the relationship thread, and also, do it as soon as she gets there.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You don't wanna be a bitch but you can't handle a girl you just put through a bunch of emotional stress?

Well hey, at least you're confident enough to think she'll cry over you.
...why are you breaking up with her again?

In anycase, be a man. If your gonna break up with her, you can deal with a couple hours of her needing you emotionally. If shes stayed with you a year and a half the least you can do is comfort her for a coupe hours
Quote by rustinpeace678
have sex with her first

And then ask for more presents.
Quote by rustinpeace678
have sex with her first

+1.

And breaking up with an emotionally unstable chick in your own house = self-pwn. She'll break ur **** and throw your own stuff at you if she gets pissed.

Just tell her while walking home, then be quiet for a couple secs/mins then tell her you have to go.

Emotionless is the way to go :P
Why don't you pick her up instead and break up at her place with all the **** she gave you. She may let you keep it. Wouldn't it be best to break up at her place console her a bit then bail out. At least she is somewhere she is most comfortable.
I'm suddenly reminded of how I broke up with my last girlfriend. Told her online. And then three quarters of a year of sex afterwards...
Go to her house, do it there, never have a girl over at your house when you break up... Then they never leave.
Quote by Kwonnie
I'm suddenly reminded of how I broke up with my last girlfriend. Told her online. And then three quarters of a year of sex afterwards...

How DO you do it?! o.o

Quote by HellYeahThrash
get another girl to come over and ask for a threesome.

YEAH!

I feel like an ass
right away dude, she's probably suspicious as it is, you just delaying it will give her false hope
Lock the door when she comes and yell at her through an open window, then tell her to go home. If at all possible, run outside, take her coat, and bring it back inside.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by imdeth
Tell her through DANCE!!

or just play some simple plan to her...

( i dont hate or like simple plan so no flame plz)
Quote by HellYeahThrash
or just play some simple plan to her...

( i dont hate or like simple plan so no flame plz)

BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
just take her some place nice and do it gently, don't be a dick

then drop her off

and a gift is a gift, don't give it back, unless it's redicoulosly expensive
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Pageles
Why don't you pick her up instead and break up at her place with all the **** she gave you. She may let you keep it. Wouldn't it be best to break up at her place console her a bit then bail out. At least she is somewhere she is most comfortable.

I agree. This would probably be the best course of action in this situation.
Quote by yingyangthang
...why are you breaking up with her again?

In anycase, be a man. If your gonna break up with her, you can deal with a couple hours of her needing you emotionally. If shes stayed with you a year and a half the least you can do is comfort her for a coupe hours

this.
haha i feel bad saying this but yeah have sex with her before you break up
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Quote by Esp_kill07
haha i feel bad saying this but yeah have sex with her before you break up

A threesome would be better.
yeah, do it when she gets there, not as SOON as you open the door, but have some tea and talk to her about things.. then definetely offer her a ride home. as for the christmas presents, ask her if she wants to return them or whatever. just make sure that she knows you still respect her and respect the time that you spent with her.

edit: going to her house is also a smart idea.
Last edited by porker at Jan 4, 2009,
When you're outsider her house before dropping her off, calmly tell her your reason for braking up with her. Comfort her if she gets upset. No fighting for any reason.

And may I ask why you are breaking up?
Quote by imdeth
Tell her through DANCE!!

teh Horizontal Mambo?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Zecromancer
^That'll make ANYONE want to break up out of sheer annoyance.

everytime i go to a party someone gets a black eye because of the souljaboy dance
Do you mind my asking why you've made this decision?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I think you should say when she first gets there "We need to talk, hop in the car" as you're driving towards her house tell her then drop her off, comfort her if needed.
Last edited by Van-Hayden at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by dudetheman
Do you mind my asking why you've made this decision?

Basicly the last maybe week and half I've just had like a falling out. Like if were making out or having sex, I'm not into it at all, and worse than that, even thinking about other girls. The other day, I went of with some friends, and ended up in buddies car with a half naked chick...

I'm just not feeling it, and I don't think its fair to her.
Tell her on the way back to her house after around 10 minutes of driving, that still gives you a good half hour to comfort her. Also, insist on giving her your presents back, it'll just make that whole discussion quicker and easier.
Break up with her early on. Let her cry and stuff. If you've been together that long, she deserves that much.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Page 1 of 2