Alright so i am just thinking about the possibility of having a 7 string but im not even sure if i want one.

Okay so my first question. I know it will take a bit of time to adjust to a 7 string from a 6 string, but i was wondering if once you are adjusted to a 7 string if you become messed up on a 6 string. Like i wouldn't want to pick up a 6 string and think that the E stirng was a B stirng and so on with the rest of the strings.

My second question is if anyone has any good 7 string guitar suggestions. I know there aren't as many as 6 strings, but there are a few on musiciansfriend like shecters and ibanezs which look good at least. If there are any others then please list some, for now the price range doesnt really matter, just name any you know of.

Thanks
Last edited by RockinAndrew at Jan 4, 2009,
i had no problem adjusting to a 7 string at all, and playing 6 strings theres no problem either, just sometimes when reading tabs i forget. but i got a ibanez rg 7 string which i think is amazing
no playing a 7 string wouldnt make you worse on 6, if anything better because youll have to stretch more on a 7 string.
Schecter and ibanez are both very good brands.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.