i have like 200 bucks and im thinking of getting a guitar to learn how to play. (i play bass)

what would one recommend.
i can go a bit higher if needed
Quote by acetherockstar
what kinda music do you play?

at this moment im kinda open to anything.
i just play what im in the mood for so something versitile would be nice

i havent really played guitar enough to know what style i like to play most and when it comes to bass i havent ever limited myself to one style either
Do you have an amp yet?
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by KennethJay
Do you have an amp yet?

i got a small little costco fender starter amp from someone and iv heard that guitar sounds great on bass amps anyway (in which case i have a stack)
Go for a vypyr 15 for $100. It will probably help your tone a lot better. Otherwise there *is* the spider III for the same price but I think most people will tell you to get the vypyr. Will be better than that starter amp and you get a nice amount of effects to start you off. Chorus and stuff that you hear in a lot of songs.
Quote by Chaos Nil
Yamaha Pacifica 112

+1

the 112v if you can find it (the newer one). not much difference but it has a coil split on the humbucker, which you might as well have.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sashki
I have a GSA60, which I like very much, but I must say the Pacifica is better.
I think it's cheaper, too.

Same price last time i checked. I got my GSA60 for $120 and it even had a SD Dimebucker in it. Cant say i care for the dimebucker super lots since i dont play a lot of metal yet (being acoustically rooted from having an acoustic first), but it at least helps for resale value later. I think the Yamaha 112v is like $100 more than the 112j. I've heard tons on the 112j. Oh yeah, and there is the 012 also which is a little less but made of agathis instead of alder. Cant comment on the tone of either of them since my GC doesnt carry them.