Looking to start up a deathcore, death metal, melodic death metal band. One of those will do. I have played guitar for about 3 and a half years.

Would like to play heavy stuff and a band that I would like to sound like (I want to be unique but this is the style) is like www.myspace.com/thedyingvine

I have my own recording stuff. I can just use Direct Input unless you want me to use a different way. I use a Laney head with a b52 cab if that matters and i have a rp250 and a rp2000.

We can discuss rhythm and lead later. (Im fine with rhythm.)

Check List
Drummer [ ]
Guitarist [x]
Bassist []
Vocalist [x]
Last edited by Yoyojkt at Jan 5, 2009,
ok when we get bass vox and drums we can get all the msn stuff down. but is it like a computer microphone?
Quote by Yoyojkt
ok when we get bass vox and drums we can get all the msn stuff down. but is it like a computer microphone?

Yeah but the mic is a bit effed up since my cousin threw a toy at it so it sounds a bit weird
i can play bass. i have a Br-600 so i can either go direct or amp my bass. i also have a couple of basses so i can get some different tones.

EDIT: PM me if your interested. also the sample on my page isnt that good irs from a while ago. if you want i can send you a sample, you just have to ask.
Quote by Schecter_6661
Yeah but the mic is a bit effed up since my cousin threw a toy at it so it sounds a bit weird

Well i dont think a computer microphone would sound very good quality. Can you use any direct input?
Quote by Yoyojkt
Well i dont think a computer microphone would sound very good quality. Can you use any direct input?

No...my cousin broke my guitar recorder so now I onlt have my mp3 recorder...but im looking for a recorder to buy at some stores though
ok well if you can get that you can be in i guess how long have you been playing?
Quote by Yoyojkt
ok well if you can get that you can be in i guess how long have you been playing?

2 years self taught but I can play pretty fast and I can do pinch harmonics...and about the recorder I just got a call from the places and their out of stock....I wont be able to get one for a week...I got a MP3 recorder thats pretty good but thats it sorry...ill undersand if im not preferred anymore
ok well if its not taking i can play out some intense stuff ahah 3 years self taught better than my friends tht have benn taught by teacher preffered if i was rythm and mabye some leadsgear is a stag and a ****ty 50 watt amp with some pedals (just because i dont have gear doesnt mean i can play)
Im fairly interested. I see your only really looking for a basic instrument selection, however if youd like more complex compositions I would be willing to do aoustic guitar parts, vocals (if ever necessary), and synths. You can check out my profile here to get a glimpse of some of my musical work. Mind you, some things are older and have a not-so-decent recording quality. Check out Intro to a new song and Oblivion if your interested.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
Im fairly interested. I see your only really looking for a basic instrument selection, however if youd like more complex compositions I would be willing to do aoustic guitar parts, vocals (if ever necessary), and synths. You can check out my profile here to get a glimpse of some of my musical work. Mind you, some things are older and have a not-so-decent recording quality. Check out Intro to a new song and Oblivion if your interested.

synths would be cool and vocals as in screams?
Yeah and the acoustic parts could be pretty good to have...by the way I can scream pretty well in case
Quote by Schecter_6661
Yeah and the acoustic parts could be pretty good to have...by the way I can scream pretty well in case

You can scream? highs? mids? what kind? any good : D
I've added you on MSN, btw i can scream like bands like Carnifex/Suicide Silence/All shall perish and other deathcore bands...

What type of bands do you wanna be like?

My MSN is: youwanaplayrough@hotmail.co.uk
Last edited by Scarface King at Jan 5, 2009,
synths would be cool and vocals as in screams?

Yes I primarily do screaming. I can do very high pitched shrieks (higher than Dani Filth from Cradle of Filth), but not while singing anything. I usually stay down at low screams. Like very deep ones. Occasionally I can do a black metal-esque rasp as well. In my song Oblivion I can be heard doing some, though I also used a distortion pedal on my voice. I can however still do them and they sound all right without distortion.

So, is this actually going anywhere?

Quote by Yoyojkt
ok we need a bassist anyone want to do this?

I'll play bass if you're still looking
I could also mix the songs for you if you havent got anyone to do that...
sweet yes we need a bassist also what program do you have for mixing
Quote by Yoyojkt
sweet yes we need a bassist also what program do you have for mixing

At home Im using Adobe Audition for mixing.

My MSN is skitgraves@gmail.com if you want to add me