Hi im a new Ultimate Guitar member
im not a very good guitar player
as i am a very beginner guitar player, VERY!

im not sure if this is the place to learn
so can you help me if this is not the place can you tell me how to start in UG main site.
As to where i should start off playing
which one to learn etc

i know how to read tabs a bit but not fully
i can understand this tab:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/tamia/officially_missing_you_ver4_tab.htm

^that song i know how to play ^

maybe i should need to mention this,
im a lefty but playing on a right hand guitar
thats alright?
i dont want to spend another one for a left guitar though

-dont really know much about chords maybe dont know anything xD

can you guys please guide me through this
thanks a lot in advance
Last edited by peteyy at Jan 4, 2009,
well this site is pretty good for learn somethings. The column to the left of the forums has some good lessons.
And for your guitar, are left handed playing right handed, or left handed playing a right hand guitar re-strung for a left hander?

Oh and on not knowing chords, if you look up chords for a song, there will normally be a chord diagram which shows you the chord shapes, which you should be able to learn all your major and minor chords from, but it will take a bit of looking.
Last edited by total_beast631 at Jan 4, 2009,
Hello petey, and welcome to UG!

This is not the right place to ask your question, but you're new here, so let me help you out...

This forum (New Members forum) is for new members to introduce themselves and for general questions about the site. You can introduce yourself in the thread at the top of the forum: Introduction

After that, you should make sure you read the rules of the forums: The Rules

Now, about your question: you should ask it again in the appropriate forum. If you browse the list of forums, you will see a forum called "Guitar & Bass Basics", which is perfect for asking your question: Guitar & Bass Basics

... but let me help you out a bit if you want! I am writing a Guide to learning guitar, starting from the very basics and going to the most advanced concepts. I'm halfway done writing it, so you can already read all the chapters that cover the basics, perfect for a beginner like you! Check out the first chapter here:
The Ultimate Guide to Guitar. Chapter I-1: Introduction - The Guitar

Again, welcome, and enjoy yourself here on UG!

Cheers!
thanks a lot you two

ill be looking forward to reading The Ultimate Guide to Guitar. Chapter I-1: Introduction - The Guitar

if i need any help help ill give a shout
Quote by peteyy
thanks a lot you two

ill be looking forward to reading The Ultimate Guide to Guitar. Chapter I-1: Introduction - The Guitar

if i need any help help ill give a shout

You can always ask questions by commenting under the article, or even PMing me, or e-mailing me at: zeguitarist@ultimate-guitar.com