Well, I've been wanting to record some of my guitaring skills on the PC, I some advice on the recording area. So far I have a cord between my PC's soundboard directly to my amp, and the quality isn't that awesome. Its kind of cracking, cracking noises. I was thinking about buying a mic to get the direct sound to my PC to get rid of the cracking noises but the question now is. Is it my soundboard that's the problem or should I buy a mic? And if so, which one?
Shure SM57?
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
I'd recommend looking around garage sales for a cheapo mic. Honestly, anything that pics up sound should do until you start recording demos etc.

My ghetto (and extremely unorthodox) recording studio is a few mics into a headphone distribution box acting as a mixer, into a stereo amp's microphone input. Then I go from tape out on the amp to line in on the computer.

Mics = total of $30
Amp = $10
Headphone box / mixer thing = $0.25

Check out a recording on my profile if you like (Bobby Lived on a Farm). It's a joke, don't worry.
Its not that I can't record its the sound quality, so far it has been ****ty - From amp to PC.

and I have like a budget for 120 euros for a mic. money isn't a problem
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
In that case, Shure SM57 would be a good choice. But it's complete overkill if you're going amp -> computer, and I think you'd still get the same problem until you get an audio interface, a recording sound card, or something like that.
Get some cheapo PC mic and a little mixer. NOT the 4 in a line box You need the sound of the speakers and any mic will do for that. Some of the little ones on/with headsets are great for about a fiver. But a mixer will let you have better control of the sound and not overload your soundcard. I use a behringer FX one and love it. Will be well within your budget, too/ Maybe enough left over for a reasonable mic you can do vocals through. Shure PG series are very good value.
I take it you use Audacity or similar for recording?