Anyone seen the latest Honda car commercial? Listen to the acoustic guitar... it sounds quite familiar. Almost an entire rip off of the intro to "More Than a Feeling" by Boston! Played slightly different and at a slightly slower tempo!

I'm trying to find it on youtube... Can't find it
Wasn't there already a commercial with More Than A Feeling in it?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
Wasn't there already a commercial with More Than A Feeling in it?

Possibly? But this Honda commercial that has been playing a lot lately, sounds like More Than a Feeling... Just heard it on tv, as I was browsing the Pit and thought that I would share this discovery
Oh my God! This never, ever, happens. Ever. This crisis must be averted before it happens again!

^It's not a crisis. I just thought that this could be a topic to discuss.
Companies have been doing this to popular songs for decades.

Nothing to talk about.
Quote by Delanoir
Oh my God! This never, ever, happens. Ever. This crisis must be averted before it happens again!

This.

Who seriously cares? People will do anything to make pit threads these days, I get the feeling it's a dying forum.
Quote by paulvxD
^It's not a crisis. I just thought that this could be a topic to discuss.

Not really that interesting. The company doesn't want to pay for the song, so they change it just enough so that they can legally get away with it and use that version instead.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
In any case, I would much prefer that (a new take on the song) to what happens in adverts where they secure the rights to a song and then cut it to get the sections they want and ruin the song. I think there was a perfume advert that used Hysteria by Muse that made a cut halfway through a bar, sounded awful...
PROJECT 84
Remember the Ghostbusters' Theme Song by Ray Parker Jr.?

Ever heard that song "I Want A New Drug" by Huey Lewis & The News?

It existed back then.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
One of the Sprite commercials had a song that sounded very similar to Drive by Incubus.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
there was a thread on here about a car ad stealing the living after midnight song then i heard another car ad playing a riff similiar to ace of spades, the companies are just avoiding royalties
On the CBBC show "Beat the boss" (How do I know??!!) they rip off a kasabian song and change a whole note so they dont get sued. I'l try and find a link.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11