Lately it seems that I've been seeing this guy's name popping up everywhere.

Was he well known before the Coldplay lawsuit?
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Yes joe satriani is a guitar virtuoso (spelling) check out surfing with the alien, ice 9 and midnight to hear some good examples
I really don't, except that he sued Coldplay over Vida La Vida (which I've listened to both songs and think its bogus)
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Quote by david_highland
You're just trying to piss people off, aren't you? But I won't be pissed off, because I don't care...

i believe the TS is very young,
Quote by SAINTJIMMY9999
Lately it seems that I've been seeing this guy's name popping up everywhere.

Was he well known before the Coldplay lawsuit?

Well known before Coldplay was even concieved.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by david_highland
You're just trying to piss people off, aren't you? But I won't be pissed off, because I don't care...

Fail.
Quote by SAINTJIMMY9999
I really don't, except that he sued Coldplay over Vida La Vida (which I've listened to both songs and think its bogus)

You really don't what? know who he is? Well he's massively famous amongst guitarists, I'm not a huge fan but he's written a tune or two that I very much enjoy. But, having a fair amount of respect for Joe Satriani I can say in all honesty that he's full of ****, at least when it comes to this matter. Sometimes similarities in music pop up, if Satriani, who's been on the scene since what? the 80's, hasn't figured that out yet then someone needs to give him a swift kick in the head.