Hey ug,

last week i got a fender highway 1 strat, and boy was it nice.

However, during this year at school, i know i'll have little to no time to play it and enjoy it at all, probably like a half hour a week.

I'm thinking that spending that much money and not even using it (or using it very very little) is a huge waste, and am considering selling it. I got it for a good price, and i think i can sell it without a terrible loss of money.

If if do keep it, it'll only serve as a distraction to anything else, and i DO have a vester as well, which will probably suffice for the little time i'll be playing this year.

So that's my question, sell?

I'm open to any other suggestions.
Well, if you need the money for something else, you can sell it. However, if you keep it, you can always play it when you have more free time
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
If you really need the money then selling it is an option,but a guitar of that caliber isn't a short term investment.Just because you wont be able to play it much this year doesn't mean that will hold true for the rest of your time as a musician.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Keep it. If you wanna get one later, its gonna hurt.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Guitar is not a distraction.....it's something you will be learning and enhancing yourself with the rest of your life. Video games and TV are distractions. Keep the guitar. If your priorities for it are there, you will find more than 30 min a week to play it. Take this from someone who went through school while maintaining many hobbies. You can make time for it otherwise you have issues with time management and probably waste too much time. Good luck
If you intend to quit guitar or really need the money, sell it. If not, keep it man. You've got a great guitar that will last a long time.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
you'll find more time than you think...and dont sell it cause then its such a nice guitar that ull want in a few years anyways
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
work on time management dude. theres more time in the day than you would think. i wouldnt sell it if i were you, unless your going to quit guitar for good.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Keep it.

If you don't, you'll regret it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
A highway 1? That is a very high quality instrument, and you will possibly have it and use it for a VERY long time. Guitars of that quality are something that you stick with. You may not use it for now, but that is something you will end up still playing years from now. Keep it, you will regret selling it later.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50