im new to guitar. ive got a cheapie right to learn on, i wont say any names... but i have found an infinity les paul for sale for $175 with the case. should i invest the money and just go ahead and buy it? its in great condition and alrdy set up, and comes with the case. very purdy as well
Save more money and get a better guitar. You will thank yourself in the long run.
It's better to save your money to get a good guitar instead of being impatient and finding yourself with low end guitars IMO.Get solid on your starter,then when you're ready for a new one use the money you've been saving to buy a guitar that destroys it in every category,you'll be much happier in the long run.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

so when u say a good guitar do u mean i should basically stay with my starter, get good at it, and then like are we talking $3k+? or can u actually get a really nice guitar for less than a grand?
you can get a really nice guitar for less then $500.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
any suggestions as to what my next guitar should be? just for info i guess: ive been playing for a lil bit over a week and apparently im ahead of most that have played for months, so idk if theres more of a learning curve etc. for certain guitars, and right now im playing a starcaster( yes the target strat)
Nothing wrong with cheap starter guitars when you're just starting out man. If you like the Strat shape then you can upgrade to a Fender Standard Strat for $400. That would serve you well. Basically anything past the $400-$500 and up you're getting into some good guitars. No need to spend thousands to enjoy a quality instrument.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst