Hey, just bought a new mex fender p bass. I play in drop c and notice that the strings are a bit lose, hit the fret board etc. I need thicker gauge strings but I'am wondering what gauge to get? also i play a lot of hardcore/punk so just wondering what brand of strings are good for a thick punchy sound. thanks in advance
Ernie Ball Power Slinkee?

Or even better

Get a 5 string set of Rotosound Swing 66's and use the thickest four strings

P.S. Australia ftw!!!
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
I play in drop B and use the Ernie Ball Power slinkies on my four string. Its best to also adjust your bass for this tuning as well... if you don't know how I would highly suggest taking it to whatever music store and have them set it up for you.
I play Ernie Balls and they kick my Squier P/J's stock strings' butt. Badly. Very badly. I got the smallest gauge but they go up to 105. Things have great sound.
Ok then cheers, i might pop into my local music store and suss it out with them dont want to break anything lol
Quote by Pazuzu195
I play in drop B and use the Ernie Ball Power slinkies on my four string. Its best to also adjust your bass for this tuning as well... if you don't know how I would highly suggest taking it to whatever music store and have them set it up for you.

This, I have Power slinkys on one of my basses (crap bass, good strings). They're thick-ass motherf*ckers, but they won't get flappy once you drop-tune.
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Roto's would be a cool idea. Also, you'll definately need to get it set up to play in drop C. Or, it may just be so low that it'll be clanky by itself. Never played in drop C.
DB Player