Ok,
In about a year or so I reckon I will have enough money for a new amp.
I play Punk/Grunge/Metal
So were talking:Nirvana,Black Sabbath,Mudhoney,Kyuss,MC 5,Stooges,Ramones,white stripes,the offspring,Motorhead etc
So at the moment I'm thinking my price range going to be about $1000 (AUD) but if need be I will stretch to $1500.
I would probably rather go second hand then new.
I will have all the gear in my sig and a couple of pedals.
Now I'm looking at a halfstack because I want to be able hook it up a bass cabinet sometimes,but if there's is a really nice combo out there I'll live with it.
I'm also leaning more towards a 2x10 for portability but a used quad box is alot more common second hand.
Ideally:
3 channel:Clean,Dist 1,Dist 2
Independant E.Q
Enough lines in/out for a young musician to plug lots of things into ()
Tube not solid state
Presence and reverb would be nice but I can live without them

So at the moment I'm looking at:

1.Used marshall TSL 100.
Just about every guitarist wants a marshall half stack I think this actually could fit into my budget if I go second hand.

2.Bugera 333xl.
Most likely new because there aren't to many around second hand.Have heard of some reliability problems though.However some say they can be easily fixed...

3.Marsahall DSL 401.
Ok not quite the same as the other two but there's a few second hand for about $1000

Now remember this amp needs to LAST!
I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep it forever but if I need some dough I would probably sell it.So this amp needs to hold its value.
Now seeing as this will be along time off,any amp that is rumoured to be coming out next year could be included.
No I cannot get a B-52.They don't exist in my country and I've never seen a valve kings but they could be around here somewhere.
I don't alot about any laneys so if someone in the know could tell me of a laney that fits the bill...
Thanks for any advice you give.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Last edited by Ian hawkins at Jan 4, 2009,
Line 6 Spider III!

Sorry

I'd go for one of the Marshall ones - purely because the bugera one sounds possibly unreliable (Not what you want), plus it's a Marshall. It's going to be good quality =D
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I love the sound Bugera seem to give out. But then again it's up to you which sound you actually like.

If you get the Bugera I recommend you take it into a tech to let him make sure all of the connections are done properly etc etc before you play it.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Hey, I have been looking around for an amp with pretty much the same specs, and I'm leaning a lot towards the Carvin V3. It seems to be a really versatile amp, and it's around your price range. Really good reviews too.
Here's a link http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/group.php?cid=6
1997 Ibanez RG7620
Modded Starcaster by Fender

Boss GT10
Dunlop Mister Crybaby Wah

Line 6 Spider III 30
Thanks for the input guys.
And ice man 45,I hope you get what your looking for.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.