i'm a songwriter in a band i plan to get going once we have a stable lineup and we'll be playing blackened melodeath

i was wondering if its possible to write about doom metal stuff like loss and depression or if its beter to stick to black metal and death metal themes?
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
must u entrap urself within a box and not allow u to right what u want to write.
or must u be entangled in the generic area so that people go O, another melodic death metal band

seriously u cant call urself a song writing without exploring different paths
true but with black metal are the only set themes evil, satan ectecra or is it easy to explore serious subjects, but on the other hand death metal has a large variety of different things to write about from addiction, to death to anything in between really because not a lot is of limits for it.

but thats not the point now im going to ask what the normal and commonly used BM and DM (black metal and death metal) lyrical themes are?
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
Quote by Demoniac_UK
but thats not the point now im going to ask what the normal and commonly used BM and DM (black metal and death metal) lyrical themes are?

Satan and Coffee, respectively.
lol
i'm being serious
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

Why limit yourself? You can write about whatever the phuck you want
Record a song, write lyrics that you think fit the mood of that song.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.