I have heard good things about them too, but never heard one in person, let alone played on one.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
I have heard good things about them too, but never heard one in person, let alone played on one.

hummm...

i found one along with a Gibson EB-0 1965
locally in my area...
I don't know a lot about them except that all the Sunn rigs I've seen pictures of have been monstrous. They have a very good reputation, though, and the one cabinet I've seen was as well-built as any old Peavey. Do you know what model it is? What's the price?
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by Mutant Corn
I don't know a lot about them except that all the Sunn rigs I've seen pictures of have been monstrous. They have a very good reputation, though, and the one cabinet I've seen was as well-built as any old Peavey. Do you know what model it is? What's the price?

coliseum 300 head 250$

That?

Sounds good to me. You get a good sounding, well built amp for less than most brand-new stuff. Yes, please.

I will note that as I understand it, it's 300W @ 2-ohms, and you probably shouldn't run it that low.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn

That?

Sounds good to me. You get a good sounding, well built amp for less than most brand-new stuff. Yes, please.

I will note that as I understand it, it's 300W @ 2-ohms, and you probably shouldn't run it that low.

^^;

i don't understand really what ohms ratings on speakers mean...
A bass player for a local punk outfit uses a Sunn head into the fridge and his sound is quite good. When I'm at a local show I'm usually too busy doing other things to analyze someone's bass tone...
Older rating of output power tend to be less generous than today's standards. So that 300W @ 2ohms is probably a very loud 300W.

Old Trace Elliot heads are the same, dont be fooled by 130W output, its loud as.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Ill ageree with Jonnomainman, those old 200 watt trace heads are really loud. Ive heard good things about them on Talkbass, You might have better results there.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Go and try it out. I've never really heard of them before, but if you can try it out. 300 watts at 2 ohms is pretty loud. It's not about the watts, it's the output, isn't it?
DB Player
Also 300 watts at 2ohms is awkward, most cabs are 8 ohms so if your running it at 2 ohms your eitheir going to need 4 8 ohm cabs or 2 4ohms or 1 2 ohm cab. 4 ohm cabs are generally more expensive because their made by higher end amp manufactorers. The only company that i know that makes a 2 ohm cab is EBS, but you have to special order that.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Also 300 watts at 2ohms is awkward, most cabs are 8 ohms so if your running it at 2 ohms your eitheir going to need 4 8 ohm cabs or 2 4ohms or 1 2 ohm cab. 4 ohm cabs are generally more expensive because their made by higher end amp manufactorers. The only company that i know that makes a 2 ohm cab is EBS, but you have to special order that.

You can get quite a few cabs at 4 ohms. It wouldn't be a problem to find them. The choice would just be slightly more limited than looking for 8 ohm cabs.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Ok the cheapest 4 ohm cab ive seen is from the eden nemesis range and that is still 300-400.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul

My point was that older stuff tends to not agree with 2-ohms so well...running it at 2.67 might be better. (one 8-ohm cab and one 4-ohm cab)

My suggestion would be a 4-ohm 115 and an 8-ohm 210.
Nope, no sig here.
The Sunn 300T became the Fender 300 PRO when Fender bought Sunn. I've actually seen a few Sunn 300T heads inside Fender cases.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^ That's interesting..I hadn't noticed before. You're right though, exact same thing.

Nope, no sig here.
Yeah, guess it just had a Fender badge. Not sure if it had a decal or not. The badge was there, though. And it said Sunn 300T on the back. I'm tempted to say made in Australia but I might be imagining things.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
So is that sunn a tube or solid state amp? if it's tube he could run it at 2 ohms safely because the amp changes the ohms internally anyway. if it's tube it's gonna be plenty loud.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
It's not tube...it's the one in post #6. Pretty simple unit, but I bet it sounds amazing.
Nope, no sig here.