So after having my Ibanez 350dx for over a year, I'm starting to learn why the edge III trem sucks

It won't keep my guitar in tune, literally like, I tune the top three strings, and the after fixing up the bottom three, it's all out of tune again... I replaced my strings yesterday, with Hybrid Slinkys, after using a full set of Super Slinkys. I presume it's the fact the my top three strings are now .10s, but what can I do to fix this?

Just need a little experience from someone who's dealt with this before, this is really annoying!
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
My edge 3 stays in tune realy well after a year. Are you setting it up properly or it could be your string choice, ernie balls stretch too much apparently.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
stretch out the strings before completing the set up. play a lot of bends and etc etc, other wise i cannot see why this would do such a thing
ah well don't listen to me then. I had just read that somewhere
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Thanks alot guys, really appreciate the fast replies!

I'll give them as much of a stretch as I can, hopefully it'll work. And I'll refrain from buying Ernie Balls next time, we'll see what happens

Merci!

EDIT: I should've said, it's not actually out of tune, it's just lower, and it won't stay at the right pitch. Like, I can play things, but I need to play them one fret higher for them to be right... anyone able to shed any light here?
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Last edited by CrazehSteve at Jan 4, 2009,
Its likely to be to do with the tension springs on the back of the guitar.

Just google, setting up a floating tremolo, that should help.

You need to match the spring tension with the strings so theyre balanced.
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
Quote by CrazehSteve
Thanks alot guys, really appreciate the fast replies!

I'll give them as much of a stretch as I can, hopefully it'll work. And I'll refrain from buying Ernie Balls next time, we'll see what happens

Merci!

EDIT: I should've said, it's not actually out of tune, it's just lower, and it won't stay at the right pitch. Like, I can play things, but I need to play them one fret higher for them to be right... anyone able to shed any light here?

i had that with my crappy floyd license. It takes about 10+ tunings and quite alot of stretching for the system to adjust, so dont panic. I bought ernie balls too and they are really thick, and thats one of the main factors. But they are perfect! I play me guitar everyday and it stays in tune for months, i havent tuned it since i put them in, its great!

EDIT : and yes you will have to keep on moving up a fret to get the correct pitch because its going out of tune. How many springs have you got for the brigde inside the guitaR?
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Last edited by BackDoorEntry at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by CrazehSteve
So after having my Ibanez 350dx for over a year, I'm starting to learn why the edge III trem sucks

It won't keep my guitar in tune, literally like, I tune the top three strings, and the after fixing up the bottom three, it's all out of tune again... I replaced my strings yesterday, with Hybrid Slinkys, after using a full set of Super Slinkys. I presume it's the fact the my top three strings are now .10s, but what can I do to fix this?

Just need a little experience from someone who's dealt with this before, this is really annoying!
Sounds like you have tuning/stringing problems. Read and/or post here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

WHOOPAH! FINALLY got the feckin' thing. Just constant strecthing and tuning. Thanks for all the help guys, you're all win.
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
as if you put up with a year of that