hi UG
im looking for some beginner metal songs to learn (preferably death or black metal) right nowi can play the intro to walk this way the intro/verse for from yesterday the into and chorus to breaking the law and the intro and verse part one for hearts on fire and im learning Haunted

what else should i learn?
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
halo by soil

great song and really easy
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
if you can pick fast try out ''Eve of the Apocalypse'' by ''Malevolent Creation'' it's really rewarding to know it if you haven't played for so long
Quote by DeaThrash
if you can pick fast try out ''Eve of the Apocalypse'' by ''Malevolent Creation'' it's really rewarding to know it if you haven't played for so long

problem is i dont use pick cause im a leftie using a righty guitar so is there anyway i can build up playing speed since i use my thumb
Quote by dead-fish
^My god.

98% of teenagers have had or have been around alcohol, sig this if you like begals
Definately use a pick.
You're never going to improve just using your thumb.
There are many techniques (i.e. alt. picking, sweep picking, economy picking, pinch harmonics) which are used in metal and can only be done with a pick.
Also, playing with your thumb makes you lose agression and attack in your picking, and probably actually makes it sound worse.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
You actually can get by with fingerpicking. But your going to have to use more fingers then just your thumb.
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"