I play it with the song but the sound is different. .Shall i tune it half step down?
No. It's in standard E
"Sound:
it has a really good distortion and clean sound a little to much hum in the background but i guess thats why they call them humbuckers"

review on Zzounds
the studio version is in standard

However, i THINK when recording ride the lightning, they had to ajdust the pitch to suit james voice
Metallica version is in standard tuning (E), but Sonata Arctica version (which I prefer, btw) is tuned in Eb. Also I think that Metallica played in Eb sometimes live. Are you playing along a live version?
Quote by vanhalinator
the studio version is in standard

However, i THINK when recording ride the lightning, they had to ajdust the pitch to suit james voice

i think you're right about that, for whom the bell tolls is (supposodly) in standard however it is slightly (and i mean very slightly) sharper than a standard tuned guitar due to being sped up after recording, its possible some other songs on ride the lightning may suffer from this slight difference in pitch
It is standard E, but not on 440.0 Hz, but 445.0 Hz. It is about 25% higher that regular E tuning
well i think it's in standard but i tuned the guitar down a half step and it sounds really good too so i say either!
Nice bump, dumbass. On a thread that was already in the wrong section.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
How do they even manage to find these threads?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Lol
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I personaly think its played in E flat (half step down). I played the song in standard with the original, and its deffinetly E flat. The effects are only chorus. Im using a fbeder mustang with a gibson les paul.
Come On, This Thread Is Nearly 5 Years Old.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Come On, This Thread Is Nearly 5 Years Old.

This thread is too old for pedobear
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Quote by Bubbafranks5000
I personaly think its played in E flat (half step down). I played the song in standard with the original, and its deffinetly E flat. The effects are only chorus. Im using a fbeder mustang with a gibson les paul.

Fuck off you fucking mong.