I'm getting a schecter with EMG's and i cant afford a decent tube amp for metal, would a behringer vintage tube monster be able to give me a bearable metal tone?
at the moment i have an SS fender champion 110. Its decent for cleans, but that's about it. I am trying to save up but money is really tight for me and this seems to be the only viable option.
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG560
Epiphone G400
Mesa Boogie Recto-verb
Peavey JSX
Marshall MG50
You're not getting a Schecter with EMG's, you're getting a new amp. As long as you already have a sufficient guitar.
These go to eleven...
Cancel whatever orders youve made for a new guitar and sort out your amp first.
As much as you want to get a new guitar thinking it will make playing so much better, it won't.

Save money for a entry level tube amp and get a distortion pedal, then think about a new guitar. If you have enough money for a schecter with EMG's, but your still using a absolute entry level amp, you are making a bad decision.

A bad guitar will sound good through a good amp, but a good guitar through a bad amp will still sound bad.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
^+1

Most things Behringer make are crap though, sure they are budget pedals, but theyre still crap build

Also, Dont get the schecter with EMG's, they'll sound crap with the fender, theyre not meant for distortion (the amp i mean)

Better to just keep saving and get a good tube amp.
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
i had to get it cause it was a really good deal, nevermind i'll just bear the bad tone.
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG560
Epiphone G400
Mesa Boogie Recto-verb
Peavey JSX
Marshall MG50
You won't have bad tone if you're using a decent amp. To some extent your guitar won't matter much. What guitar do you currently have?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
no guitar, i got the schecter for £200 so i thought i should get it and not miss out on sucha great deal
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG560
Epiphone G400
Mesa Boogie Recto-verb
Peavey JSX
Marshall MG50
In that case I would say keep the shecter and just save. You can bear a crappy amp for a while.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by scoopdmids
no guitarl

Your profile says you have an ibanez RG570EX which is pretty good...

Amp, get one.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Exactly what budget do you have for an amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
i sold the RG to someone on UG, i only have about £50 it'll take me ages to even double that
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG560
Epiphone G400
Mesa Boogie Recto-verb
Peavey JSX
Marshall MG50
£255
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG560
Epiphone G400
Mesa Boogie Recto-verb
Peavey JSX
Marshall MG50
Peavey Vypyr 30w (£149) and Vintage VS-6 (£129) is the best I can do. I know the guitar isn't as good as the Schecter but it is surprisingly good for what it is and will certainly sound better through the Vypyr than the Schecter will through anything for £50
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1