Hiho,

so here goes a noob question:

The screaming metal sounds, for example the intro of Slipknot's Psychosocial, how are they done? I guess some kinda pedal, but which one would that be?
i dont know, but im guessing a screamer..

(like ibanez' tube screamer)
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Look up pinch harmonics, and don't expect to be able to do them right away, it takes a lot of practice. I would try to explain how to do them but I wouldn't be very good at it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Pinch Harmonics, it's a playing technique, not a pedal, though you could probably use a Wahmmy Pedal to get the same sound
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
That was quick, thanks. Found a nice guide on pinch harmonics on the net. Oh my, looks like there's some practicing ahead
Quote by BackDoorEntry
i dont know, but im guessing a screamer..

(like ibanez' tube screamer)

If this is a joke, then that's great.

If it wasn't, I feel like crying.

And probably just pinch harmonics.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
i just started on pinch harmonics yesterday and i mastered them in like 2 hours, its frustrating, but it is worth it in the end. you need to experiment with different thumb/pick positions.
Quote by c0m2011
If this is a joke, then that's great.

If it wasn't, I feel like crying.

And probably just pinch harmonics.

lol.
go on youtube a dude justin sandercoe i think has a pretty good how to video on them.
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich