i want a wah pedal i want the kirk hammett soloin sound and the jimi hendrix voodoo child sound which pedall can make these sounds

dunlop,morley,vox????
Kirk hammet uses a crybaby, has used classic and dime wah too i believe. Dunlop make a hendrix signature wah too. 535q probably not a bad bet. Vox wahs aren't meant to handle high gain very well. Don;t know much about morley.
yeah go for a bog standard crybaby thats what hammett used and hendrix
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
thankss alot cuzz i always hear people sayin vox is bettter than dunlop and stuff so yeahh i know what in gettin
I LOOKED 535Q ON GUITAR CENTER AND HERES A REVIEW OF IT IT SOUNDS LIKE I WONT GET THE SOUND IM LOOKIN FOR ACCORDDIN TO THIS DUDE

I got this wah, desiring classic clean wah tones, funk tones, and good heavy metal and saturated blues wah tones. It has, mostly, failed on all accounts. Not that this is a bad wah, it just lacks mojo, and good sweep. The knob doesn't offer too much interest, though it is necessary for the package to work. The tone itself is good, but the sweep is poor, and the thing seems lacking in punch and authority. You aren't going to get Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) on this thing, I have tried, and it doesn't seem capable. You will not get Kirk Hammett. However, it can do some nice metal leads, and some decent cleans, however underpowered. In closing, this is a decent wah, that does a number of things. It just hasn't demonstrated any great proficiency in any one area. I should have gotten the Zakk Wylde sig. wah. Cheers.
Last edited by ibanezhoo at Jan 4, 2009,
dude don't listen to online reviews, you have to test em yourself... also note -
"i should of gotten the Zakk Wylde sig."
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by CEREBRAL-INFERN
yeah go for a bog standard crybaby thats what hammett used and hendrix

mann, hendrix used a vow wahh, he might have used a crybaby at the start.. but he used vox for awile before he died...its a fact so dont say he never did, its in alot of his pics and at woodstock
Quote by jon313156
mann, hendrix used a vow wahh, he might have used a crybaby at the start.. but he used vox for awile before he died...its a fact so dont say he never did, its in alot of his pics and at woodstock

He didn't say he never used it.

I have the Vox V847 and I find it works for what I play. I play usually funk and Hendrix style stuff and it gets the job done. If it starts dying out, just replace the battery with another 9v and it lasts about a year.
Quote by symanoy
Kirk hammet uses a crybaby, has used classic and dime wah too i believe. Dunlop make a hendrix signature wah too. 535q probably not a bad bet. Vox wahs aren't meant to handle high gain very well. Don;t know much about morley.

the hendrix signature wah sucks, its just alot of money for the hendrix name.. its a tone sucker believe me, i bought it but then i brought it back.. and what are you talking about voxx arnt meant for high gain? they are, they are a much more heavy sounding wah the a crybaby.. they also have a much bigger sweep then the crybaby, thats what i have against the crybaby, the sweep is so small that it is hard to used at high gain. you could mod it but you dont want to break the pedal so its up to however owns it i guess.. but as i said, the vox wah is such a better sound wah for high gain and rock n roll tones, hendrix and clapton wouldnt have used them if they werent good.
Quote by guitarkid2113
He didn't say he never used it.

I have the Vox V847 and I find it works for what I play. I play usually funk and Hendrix style stuff and it gets the job done. If it starts dying out, just replace the battery with another 9v and it lasts about a year.

yeah sorry, i just wanted to make sure people realized that. and i like to use a adapter and plug my pedals into a outlet,, pedals will loss power eventually if they constantly have battterys dying on them. but that takes a long time. so i guess its not that big of a deal.
I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the vox wahs I've heard great things about them, but lots of people have said, such as in the ultimate wah thread, but they dont handle high gain as well as other pedals such as the crybaby. Clapton and hendrix are not high gain though. I agree with the crybaby sweep though its not as large as I might like.
Quote by symanoy
I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the vox wahs I've heard great things about them, but lots of people have said, such as in the ultimate wah thread, but they dont handle high gain as well as other pedals such as the crybaby. Clapton and hendrix are not high gain though. I agree with the crybaby sweep though its not as large as I might like.

yeah, I agree with you there, the only player who played with high gain that used the vox is randy rhoads and ive never heard use it, but you guys might be talking about heavier stuff then him.. cause thats as heavy as i like lol
I'm pretty sure Hendrix used the Vox Clyde McCoy wah for Voodoo Chile.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
I'm pretty sure Hendrix used the Vox Clyde McCoy wah for Voodoo Chile.

yeah he did, but todays vox wahs are heavily based on the first vox wahs in the 60's , including that one
hendrix did use a crybaby, but i cant stress enough he never ever ever ever ever used a DUNLOP crybaby.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Get a Jim Dunlop crybaby wah. Kirk Hammett and Jimi Hendrix both used/use one.
Jimi didn't use a dunlop crybaby, vox owned the name crybaby in the '60s, sold it mid seventies I believe? Jimi was Vox all the way, I don't think there were many other companies back then? But yeah, vox isn't the best for metal, so if you want a versatile wah, the 535Q wouldn't be a bad idea.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
wait why would you want to sound like kirk hammett
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark

I dunno, maybe because OP likes his overuse of wah?

Also, Kirk Hammett uses a 535Q in the studio but live uses the rackmount wah.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I dunno, maybe because OP likes his overuse of wah?

Also, Kirk Hammett uses a 535Q in the studio but live uses the rackmount wah.

++++1010101010
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
Jimi didn't use a dunlop crybaby, vox owned the name crybaby in the '60s, sold it mid seventies I believe? Jimi was Vox all the way, I don't think there were many other companies back then? But yeah, vox isn't the best for metal, so if you want a versatile wah, the 535Q wouldn't be a bad idea.

The Crybaby came about after Vox's American distributor, Thomas Organ, wanted to sell the Vox wah in the United States. The Dunlop Crybaby came about after they bought Thomas Organ in the mid 80's. Though looking at a schematic there's only a few minor differences, the sonic difference between a Thomas Organ Crybaby or an early Dunlop Crybaby compared to a modern Crybaby is quite noticeable. Same goes for the Vox wahs, comparing the Clyde McCoy resissue to a real Clyde McCoy or a V847 to a V846 is a joke.
Quote by bucketmark

+ the st. anger album
Oh My god YES!
Someone finally agrees with me that his tone is HORRIBLE

TS What is your budget and what is your current rig?
Quote by Highwaytohell
+ the st. anger album
Oh My god YES!
Someone finally agrees with me that his tone is HORRIBLE

TS What is your budget and what is your current rig?

I wouldn't even call it tone!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.