Hey guys, i'm planning on upgrading my epiphone les paul standard with a couple of seymour duncan pickups instead of the stocks...

i was planning on getting a SH-4 JB pickup for the bridge for a great sharp clean tone, and great distortion posibilities.

and an Alnico 2 Pro in the bridge, for a warmer bluesy/hendrixy tone...

Do you guys think its a good choice?, i really want it to have a great vintage sound, or at least not too modern sounding... i'm not much of a metal player, i'm more of a punky guy, but i've grown a great appreciation for hard rock and good old rock'n'roll .. thinking of slash and jimi hendrix, i really like those two, and i would like it to reflect on my sound aswell ...
Seymour Duncan 59" in the neck, Seymour Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge.

Very good pickups for what you want.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
dude just get gibson pickups, itll make the guitar sound like a gibson, and give it a vintage sound. also with distortion just use pedals for that. however i do like the seymour duncan's
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Quote by reed12321
dude just get gibson pickups, itll make the guitar sound like a gibson, and give it a vintage sound. also with distortion just use pedals for that. however i do like the seymour duncan's

Gibsons are overpriced. Very overpriced

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll check out the 59', dunno much about that pickup..
Any of the Seymour Duncan "Custom" models (custom custom, Custom, Custom 5) would be good for you... the difference is the magnet in them, which effects their EQ. The Custom Custom is made with an Alnico II magnet, so it is "sweeter" sounding (basically, more vintage, with spongier bass and less high end), the Custom has a ceramic magnet, which has more output and treble and is more modern sounding and handles gain better than the CC. The Custom 5 is somewhere in between, more vintage than a Custom but handles gain better than a CC.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.