I have a SPider Line6 15watt Amp and I am thinking about getting a Pocket Pod to help me play some alternative rock songs with my amp. I have a laguna le122 guitar. I am willing to spend up to $300 if there is something worth it.
The pocket pod is basically the same as a spider. It'd be pointless getting one if you already have that amp unless you were gonna use it with headphones and stuff on the move.
you're the same guy who posted yesterday bout the $300...i havent done it but like i said before the spider is just too digitalized, so the pod can't improve that...I'd keep the spider as a practice amp for the future and go get a better amp
People here seem to like the Peavey Classic 30 (I thought it was a little too dark sounding for my taste) and remember a tube amp's watts equal a lot more ss watts (I gig with a 15 watt blues jr. that is perfect volume)
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Dont get anything until you upgrade your amp. most of your tone come from your amp, good amp=happiness
Quote by cummings15
I think I might get the Peavy Vyper 75watt

does it have a distortion effect built in it?

Yes, its a modeling amp and a pretty good one. I wouldnt get the POD though, the vypyr will be good enough.
First you want to get a pocket pod, now in not even 15minutes you have your mind set on a Peavey Vyper 75watt? Slow down, make sure you get what you want.
Quote by cummings15

Not really much of an upgrade from the Spider...
Quote by cummings15

Of course it has, but if I were you I'd save up and buy a better amp.
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Jan 4, 2009,
Modeling processors don't go with modeling amps. One or the other is pointless. either get the vypry or get a POD with something like a Valve Junior that has no extras and let the modeling processor be your preamp. You'll be glad you did.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Horlicks
Not really much of an upgrade from the Spider...

+1, it's not THAT much better.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.