So I have a Vox Clyde Mccoy Wah and it doesn't seem to work right. Basically if I don't rock it VERY slowly it creates a loud "woosh" of static and it just drowns out the guitar completely. So I was wondering if there's any reason for this I could fix without dropping another 150 bucks.
Feed your mind.
If it's new, I'd take it back for a refund and get a Boss AW-3.

If it's an old Wah, it sounds like the potentiometer in the foot pedal is dirty. If you have a local Guitar Center, they carry a product by Caig that you need to buy. It used to be called Caig CaiLube MCL 5% Spray, but the new name is DeoxIt FaderLube. Check out their site here:

http://store.caig.com/s.nl;jsessionid=0a0101441f433e0d1b5bb26e4c20885cc9593a3ed96b.e3eSc3uNaNuTe34Pa38Ta38Oaxr0?sc=2&category=183

Once you have the FaderLube, you'll need to disasemble the foot pedal and locate the pot that's connected to the linkage of the pedal. The FaderLube will come with a small red tube. The pot should have a couple of small access holes somewhere visible. Connect the spray tube to the can of spray, shake and then give a generous spray of Lube into the pot and work the pedal up and down a few times. Test it and see if there's any improvement. There should be plenty of improvement. If not, do it again. This should clear up the static and restore proper operation. Reassemble the foot pedal and you're done until next time.
Quote by KG6_Steven
If it's new, I'd take it back for a refund and get a Boss AW-3.

If it's an old Wah, it sounds like the potentiometer in the foot pedal is dirty. If you have a local Guitar Center, they carry a product by Caig that you need to buy. It used to be called Caig CaiLube MCL 5% Spray, but the new name is DeoxIt FaderLube. Check out their site here:

http://store.caig.com/s.nl;jsessionid=0a0101441f433e0d1b5bb26e4c20885cc9593a3ed96b.e3eSc3uNaNuTe34Pa38Ta38Oaxr0?sc=2&category=183

Once you have the FaderLube, you'll need to disasemble the foot pedal and locate the pot that's connected to the linkage of the pedal. The FaderLube will come with a small red tube. The pot should have a couple of small access holes somewhere visible. Connect the spray tube to the can of spray, shake and then give a generous spray of Lube into the pot and work the pedal up and down a few times. Test it and see if there's any improvement. There should be plenty of improvement. If not, do it again. This should clear up the static and restore proper operation. Reassemble the foot pedal and you're done until next time.

Would WD40 work?
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
Would WD40 work?

From my experience it's always better to just buy the stuff made for guitar and guitar equipment.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER