So, I have chosen my first amp and accesories, this will cost £97, being a roland microcube, picks strap, bag, lead.

But for my first guitar, what is the best one to get, preferably of GAK, with a limit of £160?

I thought:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73166
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/78884

Which is better/sounds better/is better?

For the xplorer ,it says it has quad rail pups, are they anygood? Atleast for a beginner?
Last edited by SlayedInTheFace at Jan 4, 2009,
Microcube is a good practice amp.

Guitar wise, for that amount of money, it won't matter much what you get, they'll all be of similar quality. Just don't buy a guitar with a Floyd Rose trem system for that price, it'll be garbage.
Quote by fairycake92
played the dean, was suprisingly good

Soundwise what was it like?

Oh yeah, and guys, please try tell tell me which one is better out of the two.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Soundwise what was it like?

Oh yeah, and guys, please try tell tell me which one is better out of the two.

well tbh..im used to pretty mid-high end guitars..
so i dont know if it was the fact ive played for ages or just luck, but i could scream harmonics out of it like there was no tomorrow, the stock pickups are quite bright, but still got some midrange and bass packed in there..
i did like it, and kept playing on it, the only think i would change/get changed is the strings, dean stocks on that were ****..
also lower the action, this was straight out of a crappy shop, but if my mate wanted to learn on that, he did so
just tuned it up with the action n strings and it was all good
trust me, i think its the best option out of the two..
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Why does the Dean say 3/4 sized if it's still 24.75" scale length? So just the body is smaller?

Here's another one. Personally I'd go with this one because it's LTD (ESP's cheaper division), they make excellent guitars and for the price that one's very good. And it looks sexy as hell.
LTD M-50 - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/m-50/12875

Btw good decision to get the Micro Cube. It's an excellent practice amp.
Last edited by tigerking615 at Jan 4, 2009,
its ...not small, its a normal guitar, the body feels slightly baby-ish, buts its light as hell
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
ibanez rg321? yamaha pacifica 112v? (it doesn't look metal, but it has a bridge humbucker and the bolt-on neck and trem should make it pretty tight)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ibanez rg321? yamaha pacifica 112v? (it doesn't look metal, but it has a bridge humbucker and the bolt-on neck and trem should make it pretty tight)

listen to this man, this is probably the only good info ive read so far
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I own a Dean EVO and a Cadillac.

In your price range, I'd look at the Dean Vendetta. They aren't pointy like many metal guitars, and don't have the kewl graphics, but I think they actually deliver a little bit more for the money.

Be aware that there may also be EVOs and Cadillacs in your price range as well, but I didn't see any on the site you linked to.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by Ippon

That's an RG7321, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
is it wise suggesting a 7 string for a beginner, though? i've never used them myself, but i'm guessing having six strings and not having to mute the bottom string all the time would make it slightly easier...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Isnt that dean small scale?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor