Okay i'm really confused. Sometimes when I turn on my amp (an acoustic B200), and play my bass no sound comes out of the amp. One time I was playing my bass and the sound just cut out. Is it an amp problem or a cable problem (its a monster cable)?
Itmcould be a loose wire in your bass. Check both your instrument cable and your speaker cable for any problems. If its something wrong with the amp have a tech look at it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
try it with a new jack lead, then you'll know.

if it works, it was the cable, if not, could be the bass or the amp.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
What kind of bass do you have? Is it nice or crappy? Are the knobs insecure and wobbly? You could be losing connection in the wiring in your bass. This happened to me. If this is the problem, tighten your knobs and get your bass rewired.
Quote by food1010
What kind of bass do you have? Is it nice or crappy? Are the knobs insecure and wobbly? You could be losing connection in the wiring in your bass. This happened to me. If this is the problem, tighten your knobs and get your bass rewired.

Its a peavey millennium ac bxp.
Well can you try through a different amp, and make sure too try new cables.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
this does sound like loose wiring. doesn't rule out the amp, but it really points to the bass as being the problem.
^^not necessarily helpful.
Quote by the humanity

think pokemon
Pete Wentz sig reaches level 32, it evolves into Mark Hoppus bass.
Mark Hoppus bass uses tone knob!
it's super unneffective!
Probably the bass. Open her up and check the soldering. Or check your cables.
DB Player
Monster cables suck (seriously, poorly put together)

Try the amp with a different cable, try the cable with a different amp

If its the cable, get a mogami

Mogamis have the same warrenty as monster, except they actually sound good. Seriously when I first played a mogami, I thought I had a different bass. For the love of god, try one