anyone know anything about Marlin guitars, anything i've read so far says that they are crap, just wondering if anyone has had any good times with one lol
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
They were cheap 80's guitars.

I've got one, a sharks fin - it was my very first guitar, given to me by my best mate (who bought it for £10 probably 17 or 18 years ago.

The pickups are horrible, as is the hardware, it doesn't stay in tune, it has a horrible double locking bridge setup.

I believe the original owner had a lot of fun with it - He played it on stage.

EDIT: The best thing about it is the Marlin shaped inlay at the 12th Fret.
Last edited by mark_wuk at Jan 4, 2009,
lol i think everyone just gets given these guitars, i got given this one as a project, and now that you say the pickups and hardware are all crap i might just replace that lol, will keep the bridge it looks....Interesting lol

Thanks
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
My uncle gave me his old Marlin Sidewinder, back when I just started out. He told me it was a good make, just old
My first guitar was a silver marlin, it was driftwood to be fair but I so wish I'd saved longer so that I didn't have to swap it for my chrome cry baby. I would never have played it again, but there's something nostalgic and special about your first guitar even if it's shockingly bad. I would love to have it back or at least another one of the same. It looked cool but played VERY bad!
I bought one for £25.

I got ripped off
Fender Custom Tele, FMT HH
Michael Kelly Patriot Black
Peavey VK 212 (modded)
Member #24 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!

Quote by larrytheguitar
Would you eat the fish.
i had a marlin sidewinder (basically a strat copy - think it was my 2nd guitar after i smashed up my 1st in a fit of rage)

yep they`re crap sold it to some muppet for £35 after the neck warped and that was 20 years ago