So I can get the v7/v8 for 50$ both.

I wanna now are they noticeably better than the standard Epiphone Explorer goth pickups?

Thanks
Hodam,a stojim...
not noticeably, but have quite a chunk of midrange bite imho....also they are from an RG..which is trem spaced..
if ur epi has an FR then yea go for it, otherwise..what tone are you looking for?
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by fairycake92
not noticeably, but have quite a chunk of midrange bite imho....also they are from an RG..which is trem spaced..
if ur epi has an FR then yea go for it, otherwise..what tone are you looking for?

FSpaced pickups are purely for asthetic reasons.

They sound no different if the pole pieces don't line up exactly.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by fairycake92

I'm looking for a devin townsend-ish setup.

Yes I know that Is not possible without thousands of dollars,but in esssence I want that nice fat soloing tone when I'm doing a solo part of course,but that the pickups can also throw some heavy riffs!
Hodam,a stojim...
Quote by Azrael_031
I'm looking for a devin townsend-ish setup.

Yes I know that Is not possible without thousands of dollars,but in esssence I want that nice fat soloing tone when I'm doing a solo part of course,but that the pickups can also throw some heavy riffs!

i gotcha..well i spose you could buy em and try em, not really that sure on his sound tbh

also to pcspeaker, it does kinda change..not much i admit, but it does..
aside from like emg's and X2N's ...well all rail pups.
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by fairycake92
i gotcha..well i spose you could buy em and try em, not really that sure on his sound tbh

also to pcspeaker, it does kinda change..not much i admit, but it does..
aside from like emg's and X2N's ...well all rail pups.

I've had floyded guitars with standard spacing pups and theres been no tone change, EVH's guitar still had a ES pickup in it when he floyded it :P And that sound didnt change

Apples and oranges really.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by Azrael_031
So I can get the v7/v8 for 50$ both.

I wanna now are they noticeably better than the standard Epiphone Explorer goth pickups?

Thanks

No,they're not very good pickups - certainly not worth considering as an *upgrade".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Paying $80 to go from one average set of pickups to another average set of pickups seems a bit pointless. Not that they're really bad, but the Epi's probably aren't either.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73