what are they like, pro's & con's
would it be benificial to replace/add humbucker(s) i play metal

thanks
Seymore Duncan Quarter Pounder?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
To TS, could you elaborate. Sorry but I don't quite understand what you're asking.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
The world is your oyster, you want a heavy, boom loud sound? A cutting, powerful sound? A warm, round vintage sound? A high-ended cutting, plucky attacky tone? SD SPB-1's or SPB-3's would be my suggestion, what kind of amp and bass are you using?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
They are pretty versatile. I think it depends if they are the Seymour Duncans and on your amp.
DB Player
Quote by abornael
They are pretty versatile. I think it depends if they are the Seymour Duncans and on your amp.

Well, Dimi's, GFS, SD's, Fender custom shop, Rio Grande... they're all "versatile," but can't achieve the same sounds as all the differant models, so but amp will make a huge differance with your tone. If you've got a 15 watt crate bass amp, you're going to notice a differance, but probably won't get the tone you really want.

But, TS, what kind of bass, what kind of amp and what kind of budget. Flat out, I say SPB-3's.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
Well, Dimi's, GFS, SD's, Fender custom shop, Rio Grande... they're all "versatile," but can't achieve the same sounds as all the differant models, so but amp will make a huge differance with your tone. If you've got a 15 watt crate bass amp, you're going to notice a differance, but probably won't get the tone you really want.

But, TS, what kind of bass, what kind of amp and what kind of budget. Flat out, I say SPB-3's.

this.

but roughly, it affects how the vibration on your strings affects the sound from the amp.
the bass is like a big sexy radio signal, and the pickup is like the antennae. if you have a cheap antennae on your radio, it will be a little staticier, not as good sound, you may not get X103.9 in your room and have to settle for KROQ. with bass, instead of radio stations, you get tones. different pickups will get different tones. it's all music, but you just get it differently.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom