Hi, im looking to get a new amp, preferably tube, to play blues and 60's/70's rock on (The Who, Hendrix etc). Would prefer something with lower wattage so i can drive it a bit more, (current amp is an 80 watt thing that my parents were conned into buying). Must be good for home use and small gigs. I've been looking at fender blues juniors and HRDs but i was wondering if they would really give the "british" Marshall sound for the rock. Tubescreamer or something maybe?
(edit: using SSS Standard strat as main guitar)
Peavey classic 30?

Never tried it personally but these are quite popular around here. But the Flextone I own it pretty versitile, you can probably get any tone you can think of

Then again, the warm sound of a tube amp can't be replicated by a solid state amp.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
Last edited by crimson moon at Jan 4, 2009,
Orange Tiny Terror and 1x12 cab.

Sorted!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Orange Tiny Terror and 1x12 cab.

Sorted!

+1
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by ze monsta
peavey classic 30
Laney ???

+1

if you want a british rock sound, i'd avoid those fenders. great cleans, mediocre (at best) drive tones.

laney vc30 would be cool. up to you, of course, best thing to do is to try as many amps as you can...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Laney VC-30? British voiced, although not quite Marshall-y. I prefer it to Marshalls, to be honest, it has nice cleans, reasonable drive channel, enough gain for what you want to play. All round good amp really.

Or an Orange Tiny Terror? Better overdrive, but worse cleans, maybe a little less versatile tone-wise, but a nice amp.

But really, the only thing to do is to go out and try as many amps as possible, and listen to them yourself, as people have different tastes.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Jan 4, 2009,
^ yeah, definitely try everything you can.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?