I've never noticed it before, but when I pull on my whammy bar at just the right angle, it just slides out. This can happen while I'm playing, so I doubt it's supposed to do this. Does anyone know if it's messed up and how to fix it if so?

Ibanez rg370 dx

Thanks
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
my ibanez does the same thing. i think they're actually just like that. mine has fallen out in the middle of a set several times. it's kind of inconvenient. ive almost lost mine several times. sorry i couldnt help....haha.
That's how it fixes in I think....If you push it in it should 'clik' to lock it in place....
[
Maybe your whammy is just gay lololololol!!!11!

But seriously, I wouldn't expect the bar to just come out. Maybe the screw thread's worn out. My best advice would be to take it to a guitar shop and let them have a look at it.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
no. there is a small allen key bit under the edge three. it's perpendicular to the whammy bar and pints away from the guitar's neck. You tighten this to increase the hold on your whammy. The manual tells you how to do this if you still have it.

btw, the ibanez whammy doesn't scew in.
It shouldn't just come out. See Steve Vai holding his guitar by his trem bar? Wouldn't do that if it could just come out
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by bornfidelity
It shouldn't just come out. See Steve Vai holding his guitar by his trem bar? Wouldn't do that if it could just come out

he has the allen key turned very tight!!!
Quote by Ed Hunter
Maybe your whammy is just gay lololololol!!!11!

That quote is made from win.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by TheSecondRaid
no. there is a small allen key bit under the edge three. it's perpendicular to the whammy bar and pints away from the guitar's neck. You tighten this to increase the hold on your whammy. The manual tells you how to do this if you still have it.

btw, the ibanez whammy doesn't scew in.

Ok, thanks. I'll go check this now
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
yeah i have a rg4ex1 and you cant reach the whole for the allen key to go in...so i just put a thin piece of tape on my whammy to tighten it a bit...it still slides out a lil but its easy mid song to tap it back in...if its too tight then it wont hang when u let go and might get in the way
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"