I have a question.

Since forever I've been using a Boss ME-50 for playing live gigs with my band. It sounded all right. Now I'm looking for something new. I've looked at a Boss GT-8 and a Boss GT-10, but both reviews said that because of it's 'digital' sound it wouldn't sound good for live.

So now I'm asking, which multieffects could I use best for live performances but also for home use?

My budget lies within 300-400 euros, dollars whatever.

Thanks in advance
Ritch
i own a zoom G1 multi effects pedal and that has some good stuff on it. try that
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Well what kind of amp are you playing through right now?

And all multi-fx pedals are essentially digital. But as far as it goes, the GT-8 and GT-10 are pretty good, but they tend to work better live if you don't use the amp modeling they provide and instead stick with the just additional FX (EQ, compression, echo, reverb etc...) and let your amp provide most of the actual tone.

Honestly I'd stay with your ME-50, or instead look into single pedals. The Zoom G1 is decent too, but I wouldn't say it's either better or worse than the ME-50.
Quote by icronic
Well what kind of amp are you playing through right now?

And all multi-fx pedals are essentially digital. But as far as it goes, the GT-8 and GT-10 are pretty good, but they tend to work better live if you don't use the amp modeling they provide and instead stick with the just additional FX (EQ, compression, echo, reverb etc...) and let your amp provide most of the actual tone.

Honestly I'd stay with your ME-50, or instead look into single pedals. The Zoom G1 is decent too, but I wouldn't say it's either better or worse than the ME-50.

for at home i'm using the simpelest amp ever maybe. Roland Cube-20X. When live I use whatever they have haha, mostly marshall amps.
300-400 euros is much, much more than 300-400 dollars. Which is it?

With a budget like that, I'd just save up a little more for a Line6 M13.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Ritchie360
for at home i'm using the simpelest amp ever maybe. Roland Cube-20X. When live I use whatever they have haha, mostly marshall amps.

MGs like an actual Marshall Stack like the JVM or DSL and what not?

To be honest with you I think your best plan of action would be to sell your ME-50, add that money to what you've got, save a little more, and look into getting yourself a good amp. That way you can develop an actual consistent tone, and not have to struggle for a good tone with a new amp each time you play.

Multi-effects pedals sound really different on different amps. Plugging any kind of Multi-fx pedal into a Marshall would probably get you a super thin glassy sound. That always happened to me when I ran my GT-8 through my Peavey JSX.

Ironically I've found the best thing to run multi-fx pedals through are either bass amps, or any kind of SS amp with a 15" speaker. Buuut I'm getting off track here.

And actually as the above poster mention the Line6 M13 would be a really good choice. A definite improvement over the ME-50. Tons of stuff to play with (although most of it I'd wager you'd never use). Still the sound quality would heavily depend on what you're plugging into.