so yeah, i was thinking, there's a pond behinds my house, a big one, and its frozen rite now and i can walk all over it, and i was thinking how crazy it would be to hook my bros electric up to his amp in the middle of the pond and just blast the volume, just for kicks, (and probubly not for long, because the natives might get slightly bugged)

but yeah, other than that, just in general, has anyone ever had to do something like that? like hook up their electric where there was no outlet? or are there like self running amps that dont need to get hooked up?
im just wondering more or less, i was thinking about a car battery, but ill have to look into how to do that,,,,
Oh, that sounds like a great idea.
You know, if the ice breaks you're basically dead.
Try it.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
you can get battery powered amps
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Errrr I take it they kepp you away from the knife drawer Youjust need to buy an inverter for your car this will give you 110v/240v from the 12v outlet. It depends on how many amps the amp is drawing so check this first. You may need a bigger inverter connected straight to the battery. You will need to keep the vehicle running and use an exetnsion lead rather than taking the vehicle onto the ice.
Oh and dont walk on frozen ponds alone

Quote by rawxalot
so yeah, i was thinking, there's a pond behinds my house, a big one, and its frozen rite now and i can walk all over it, and i was thinking how crazy it would be to hook my bros electric up to his amp in the middle of the pond and just blast the volume, just for kicks, (and probubly not for long, because the natives might get slightly bugged)

but yeah, other than that, just in general, has anyone ever had to do something like that? like hook up their electric where there was no outlet? or are there like self running amps that dont need to get hooked up?
im just wondering more or less, i was thinking about a car battery, but ill have to look into how to do that,,,,
get a roland street and say hi to the fishies for me.
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
why?
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
If you die, can i play at your funeral?

OOOOH!!! OOOH!!! wait for it.... ill play "trapped under ice" !!!
Ice is very strong when it is thick enough to walk on. I have driven trucks on foot thick ice before. Remember people ice fish and sit there with fires on the ice.
Quote by fender-lespaul
you can get battery powered amps

Yeah, Roland Microcubes (I think) are battery powered.

Don't do it either. It's too risky, in my opinion.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Last edited by Iriathz at Jan 4, 2009,
i live in new england, the ice is thick dont worry about that,
so it sounds like the best way is either battery powered amp or somehow get an adapter for my car?
i was kinda hopeing someone had done something like this before... =/
oh well
Quote by rawxalot
i live in new england, the ice is thick dont worry about that,
so it sounds like the best way is either battery powered amp or somehow get an adapter for my car?
i was kinda hopeing someone had done something like this before... =/
oh well

Don't hook it up straight to the car battery...many cars have 12v outlets in the back, or you can get an adapter to plug into the cigarette lighter (seriously).

With a bit of wiring skillz, 12 volts will run a small-to-medium sized solid state amp.
But if you wanna be sure, get a battery powered one.
Quote by Killedelphia19
If you die, can i play at your funeral?

OOOOH!!! OOOH!!! wait for it.... ill play "trapped under ice" !!!

haha thats funny.

but if your going to do it make sure you video it and show us.
so how about a spyder III 15?

i think i might try the cigarette lighter adapter,,, but good lord am i gunna need a long extension cord...