I guess I'll start with my two electric guitars. I've had them for about 2 years each and they have recently developed a crackle when I turn their volume knobs to a certain position. Also, on my acoustic/electric guitar, when I turn the volume knob on that to a certain position, the volume cuts out or crackles violently. It's much worse than the others because there is one "sweet spot" that I can turn the volume knob to in order to make sound. I've tried new amps, jack cables, pedals, etc. and to no avail. Any way to remedy my probelm without replacing the volume pods on all of my guitars? Or is that the only way?
Guitars
LTD MH-400NT
Ibanez ARC-100
Amps
Peavey 6505+ with Marshall 1960B
Crate Powerblock with CRT412

Visit my blog at My Blog
if your acoustic electric has sliders, you can try cleaning them with a compressed CO2 canister

EDIT: i would just replace the pots, very inexpensive
The volume knob on the acoustic is on top with a knob for volume and sliders for tone.
Guitars
LTD MH-400NT
Ibanez ARC-100
Amps

Visit my blog at My Blog
It's an easy fix. If you have a Guitar Center nearby, they carry a product called Caig FaderLube. It should come in a spray can and has a plastic tube that inserts into the nozzle. Buy some. The pots on your guitars are dirty. This is caused by dust and bits of the resistive pad that come loose over time. You'll need to gain access to the inside of the guitar, so that you can see the backside of the pots. They will have some kind of a metal cap that covers and protects them. These metal caps should have some fairly small access holes. Use the spray tube to shoot some cleaner into those holes and then rotate the pots a few times. Be careful not to use so much spray that it gets on your finish, or stains the wood. It might be a good idea to use some paper towel around the pots to catch anything that drips or shoots back out. Also, if your guitar has a nitro finish, I'd protect it from overspray. The FaderLube will clean and lubricate the pots and they should be free of any crackling or static. If you don't have a loca GC, you can also order this stuff online. Caig has a website.
So just unscrew the back panel and spary a bit of that stuff around the pots, rotate a few times, maybe repeat if the problem isn't fixed, and I'm good to go? Awesome, thanks.
Guitars
LTD MH-400NT
Ibanez ARC-100
Amps

Visit my blog at My Blog
Don't just spray it around the pots. You actually need to get the stuff inside of the pot. Give me a few minutes and I'll post a picture.
Alright, thanks.
Guitars
LTD MH-400NT
Ibanez ARC-100
Amps

Visit my blog at My Blog
This is where the spray needs to go. Notice that area behind the smaller red wire? It's the space between the silver cap and the brown circuit board. Spray it in there.

Alright, I'll give it a go when I can get my hands on some of that stuff. Would a can of compressed air work as well or does it have to be that lube stuff?
Guitars
LTD MH-400NT
Ibanez ARC-100
Amps

Visit my blog at My Blog
You can certainly give it a try, but the best thing to use is the FaderLube. It's going to clean the pot and wash out the gunk, plus it will lubricate the wiper. This is win/win.