first of all, please do not attempt to "solve" my problem by suggesting that i use a different web browser. thank you.

now then, i'm having some trouble with safari. i can browse the internet fine, but sites like hotmail, myspace, etc wont let me sign in. i can get to the myspace home page, but when i click "sign in" it just says safari cannot connect to the server. same with hotmail. do you guys know of any way i can fix this? i've aready reset safari, but that didnt fix the problem.
please and thanks, pit.
Make sure Safari is accepting cookies from both of those sites.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I would use both of these ideas. First make sure u can get cookies from them, as suggested, but if it doesn't work, get Firefox. Easily the best browser out there.
I am an officially ordained Dudist Priest.

"Human beings are miraculous for their ability to learn and adapt from their mistakes, but even more so for their apparent disinclination to do so." Douglas Adams
Quote by Don_Leno
I would use both of these ideas. First make sure u can get cookies from them, as suggested, but if it doesn't work, get Firefox. Easily the best browser out there.

i realllly do not like firefox. it eats up my system recources, and doesnt have as large a view area as safari. same with google chrome.
Quote by clearchaos
first of all, please do not attempt to "solve" my problem by suggesting that i use a different web browser. thank you.

Quote by nospacesallowed
Use Firefox, it works a lot better on macs than Safari. It's what I use.

lulz! clearshaos said thank you!
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by clearchaos
i realllly do not like firefox. it eats up my system recources, and doesnt have as large a view area as safari. same with google chrome.

? Chrome's viewing area is the entire screen for me......
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
use Opera...

I use FF myself but ye, opera is better i spose.
or get yourself a copy of netscape navigator.(/run nostalgia.exe)
Quote by MedicreDemon
? Chrome's viewing area is the entire screen for me......

when i had it there were about 2.5 inches at the top that were bottuns. Safari has *maybe* one inch.
Quote by clearchaos
when i had it there were about 2.5 inches at the top that were bottuns. Safari has *maybe* one inch.

I guess it depends on the resolution you're on? Chrome does have about an inch for the toolbar space.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
i guess i'll go for firefox then.. *sigh*
can anyone suggest some addons that make firefox look really clean, similar to safari?
i want the smallest possible bar at the top, preferably.
Quote by clearchaos
Safari for PC.

There is no possible logic behind this choice.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie,
Battening on huge seaworms in his sleep;
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.
Quote by clearchaos
i guess i'll go for firefox then.. *sigh*
can anyone suggest some addons that make firefox look really clean, similar to safari?
i want the smallest possible bar at the top, preferably.

They have a **** load on the website. Go look yourself it really isn't that hard.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
ok guys, firefox didnt fix the problem at all.
myspace works in IE7, but god forbid i have to use that piece of crap.
here's a screen shot of the myspace error code

edit: the same thing happens for hotmail, and (suprisingly) the firefox addons website.
Attachments:
FF error.jpg
Quote by ctb
Have you tried Googling that error? ^

yes. nothing.
im gonna system restore to yesterday and see if that helps.
brb.
Quote by clearchaos
yes. nothing.
im gonna system restore to yesterday and see if that helps.
brb.

did not work.
Quote by nospacesallowed
Use Firefox, it works a lot better on macs than Safari. It's what I use.

... wat. Safari is optimized for the Mac.

But he's on a PC...

Quote by clearchaos
ok guys, firefox didnt fix the problem at all.
myspace works in IE7, but god forbid i have to use that piece of crap.
here's a screen shot of the myspace error code

edit: the same thing happens for hotmail, and (suprisingly) the firefox addons website.

Click on the "add exception"... quite easy. Happens sometimes.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
... wat. Safari is optimized for the Mac.

But he's on a PC...

just because i find safari a lot more comfortable and prettier. it's also a lot less laggy than firefox, for me at least.
Quote by clearchaos
just because i find safari a lot more comfortable and prettier. it's also a lot less laggy than firefox, for me at least.

See other part of post...
I just downloaded and installed Safari. I attempted to log onto Myspace and Hotmail, and both work.

Try Edit> Empty Cache.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I just downloaded and installed Safari. I attempted to log onto Myspace and Hotmail, and both work.

Try Edit> Empty Cache.

emptying the cache is part of reseting safari, which i've already tried. thanks, though.

i system restored, so im redownloading firefox in order to try your suggestion, redwing.
Are you running Peer Guardian? That sometimes blocks some HTTPS sites.

Are you running your account as an administrator?
Adding the exception should fix it... I get this same message when I'm on a computer on campus and need to log into the secure email server for my job...
Quote by redwing_suck
Adding the exception should fix it... I get this same message when I'm on a computer on campus and need to log into the secure email server for my job...

i went
tools > options > content
and added exceptions for www.myspace.com and www.hotmail.com
it is still not working. am i doing something wront?
i guess i'll try downloading opera. it's gotta be something in the settings on the browser, rather than my computer, as internet explorer works just fine (apart from being sluggish.)
*shrugs*
everything works fine on opera. i guess i'll switch to that..
now to make it not look so terrible...ugh