Heres a song, I don't know who it sounds like, you can see, it used to be about 2 minutes longer but I cut a lot out, so if it doesn't flow, that's not good. The distorted bass sounds like a toilet in the midi, but the rest of the instruments are fine so tell me what you think(C4C)
Attachments:
igyuyiy9.zip

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Even though the bass didn't go on for too long in the intro I didn't really think it should've lasted that long. Without anything behind it it just didn't sound very interesting to me. However, once the guitars started it got a lot better especially when you started to harmonize around :25 seconds in.

Starting at around :48 seconds in you have a lead going in one channel and the rhythm going in the other which I liked the idea of. I wasn't a huge fan of the first two leads but I enjoyed the two at around 1:04 and at 1:12. 1:20 was also a cool section because you took the focus off the guitars for a while.

2:04 has been the best section of the song so far in my opinion because of how full it sounds. The lead that leads up to the harmony at 2:20 is nice and I really enjoyed your harmony riff here. The transition out of this harmony riff also sounds very natural, nice job.

I wasn't a huge fan of the bass fill around 3:10, but I'm positive that it'd sound better on a real bass. The volume swells are a nice touch but I think they should be a bit more noticeable, meaning fade in/out more.

Overall the second half of the song is much better than the first, but the first isn't bad itself. The second half, meaning from around 2:00 on, is just filled with great riffs that work together very well. Not to say that the first half was bad, but the second half kept my attention a lot more. Nice job with it.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037972
Quote by Grimmy101
...I wasn't a huge fan of the bass fill around 3:10...

song is only 2:58s long ???? lol the song was pretty epic btw, liked ur dist bass ^_^ lol
Quote by Uber Man
song is only 2:58s long ???? lol the song was pretty epic btw, liked ur dist bass ^_^ lol

What? The one I listened to was 3:58.