For my solo experimental rock project - Last Romantic.

Although i feel i am actually a good musician, and believe it or not, a pretty experienced guitarist. My Production skills are awful. So if there is anyone out there that can help me clean up my sound for my debut EP that would be great. Even if you spend a few minutes on each track.

Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum for this... because a good mix really can make or break a song.

The reception i have got is very positive, however most critique is aimed at the production side of things, which is why im asking for help.

If you interested please visit www.myspace.com/lastromanticexeter to have a listen.

Looking forward to any replies

Dan - Last Romantic
I'll give it a go, im very interested in production and need some more practice.

And if you don't like the mixes, you dont have to use them.

-Calum
Listen to my band - www.myspace.com/theacidiks
Fender MIM P Bass - Badass II Bridge, Seymour Duncan (Basslines) SPB-3 - Strings 55-115 (Standard Tuning)
EHX Big Bass Muff
Ashdown MAG 300 2-10T
Epiphone G-400 (.11-.52)
LGBT
I'm game to give it a shot. What did you record in?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
im not a producer or mixer, but i must say, i dig your sounds. very interesting ****!!!!! once u realease this, send a copy my way!.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Both possibly though mainly mastering, i can send you audacity files or Wavs of all the different parts. As you can hear some of the songs really need re-mastering as well. I am confident that i can probably get away with the what i have, but levels and everything need to be worked out.

Sorry if that doesnt make sense, as you can tell I am really new to recording stuff.
Quote by dstone16321
Both possibly though mainly mastering, i can send you audacity files or Wavs of all the different parts. As you can hear some of the songs really need re-mastering as well. I am confident that i can probably get away with the what i have, but levels and everything need to be worked out.

Sorry if that doesnt make sense, as you can tell I am really new to recording stuff.

I'd love to try it out. If you could send me the WAV files, I can mix/master em. I'll PM you my email.
Hehe, didnt anticipate how many replies I would get in the space of writing this!

Ok, for those that have asked what i use - AUDACITY, though its not a problem to export wavs.

GNRJungle: I'll send you the wavs.

vmanoman: Thank you very much for your kind words. I'll let you know when its released!(shouldnt be long hopefully, it will only be a 6 track and i've got 5 out of 6 so...)

kingofchilis: Do you want .wav's too? or is the audacity project ok?
King

EDIT: Dream Pin - again are audacity project files ok or do you want .wav's? hehe...

If i send each of you who have offered two songs, then we can compare and hopefully be ok with mixing and matching with different producers.

Thanks for all the replies guys!
Last edited by dstone16321 at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by dstone16321
Hehe, didnt anticipate how many replies I would get in the space of writing this!

Ok, for those that have asked what i use - AUDACITY, though its not a problem to export wavs.

vmanoman: Thank you very much for your kind words. I'll let you know when its released!(shouldnt be long hopefully, it will only be a 6 track and i've got 5 out of 6 so...)

King

With all due respect, why the actual **** are you about to hand out the wavs to everyone and his mother?
I wouldn't expect you to send me the wavs until I'd provided some sort of proof of my trustworthyness.

It's just asking for someone to steal your music is all bud.
Quote by dstone16321

King

EDIT: Dream Pin - again are audacity project files ok or do you want .wav's? hehe...

If i send each of you who have offered two songs, then we can compare and hopefully be ok with mixing and matching with different producers.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Wav's would be cool, but have you got MSN or AIM or anything dude?
^ Hehe I did realise this, However i am trusting of UG members, honestly. I don't mind.

Although this one is closed now, i don't think i can handle handing any more WAV's out today

If you PM me your emails, i'll arrange for the wavs to come your way. I'll add you to msn as well if thats what you want.
Quote by dstone16321
^ Hehe I did realise this, However i am trusting of UG members, honestly. I don't mind.

Although this one is closed now, i don't think i can handle handing any more WAV's out today

If you PM me your emails, i'll arrange for the wavs to come your way. I'll add you to msn as well if thats what you want.

Awesome...I PM'd you my email...just wondering when you're gonna be sending 'em out?
Hey, everybody that's giving this a go, let's use this forum to exchange ideas and tricks we're using. We can collaborate, make it even better than if we weren't, and then maybe TS can get some ideas for the next time.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
Yeah, I emailed, too. And PMed.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
Hello folks, i've been in talks with Dream Pin and as he lives real close to me, we've decided we're going to give this a shot in person next weekend. It would be too complicated dealing with others at the mo. I'll let all know if the situation changes.

(sorry!)

Dan