Page 1 of 2
This show is the pinnacle of British humor. unfortunatly it is hard to watch it in the U.S because of the region code crap on the dvd's. would anyone know if there was a website that sold region 1 (u.s) versions of the dvd's. or is there any other place i can get or watch them?
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
I used to love the Mighty Boosh 'till it turned completely unfunny in the third series.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
all my friends are obsessed with it and so is NME.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
I used to love the Mighty Boosh 'till it turned completely unfunny in the third series.

Series 3 > Most of series 2.
Series 1 > Series 2 + 3.

Its a funny show, but it is completely raped by the scene kids who try to be 'random'.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Jan 4, 2009,
I wouldn't call it the pinnacle of British humour.
But torrents, definitely torrents.
hello
Quote by hugh20
all my friends are obsessed with it and so is NME.

That's because the NME fellates anything that is "TOTALLY RANDUMZ", hencewhy the NME is complete shite.

RMF

It's ****ing brilliant, shut up. If you're not going to give a reason, then keep your uninformed self out of it. If it's your oppinion, then say that you don't like it, because it is extremely clever. Whilst it may seem a little random or unplanned, it is probably some of the greatest theatre of this decade, possibly the greatest comic theatre of our generation.

I don't know about getting it in America, I'm afraid.

YJ

EDIT: That was directed at the first reply. Jesus you people are quick. o.O
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
Last edited by YamiJoey at Jan 4, 2009,
There havent been any region 1 releases, I think theyre planning them but not sure how soon or if ever.

I expect the dvds can be converted easily, I know it works with video games...

Theres a few sites online... just google, something must have them up still or a solution.

Btw do you not get region free DVD players in the states or something?
Kaya Scodelario... Wow

GEAR:
Air
Purple Tortex Jazz Picks
It's good, but I hate how it's now become a by-word for scene kids to look hip.

I remember when you could only watch it at like 3am on BBC3 and you only found it by accident if you couldn't sleep.

Ah the good old days...
Quote by YamiJoey
It's ****ing brilliant, shut up. If you're not going to give a reason, then keep your uninformed self out of it. If it's your oppinion, then say that you don't like it, because it is extremely clever. Whilst it may seem a little random or unplanned, it is probably some of the greatest theatre of this decade, possibly the greatest comic theatre of our generation.

YJ

1st)Bolded points=all wrong.

2nd)

RMF

Quote by YamiJoey

Slow down... talk about Pseuds corner.

What a tosser... Sorry, but really.
Quote by GenderConfusedJ

Btw do you not get region free DVD players in the states or something?

no, its against the law to have anything that is not region one compatible.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by Jackolas
Slow down... talk about Pseuds corner.

What a tosser... Sorry, but really.

And he goes on about "WELL IF IT'S YOUR OPINION SAY SO"
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Mr. La Fritz: Erm; what?

It is extremely clever, because they make it seem like they have no idea what they're doing, and you laugh at them in a sort of slapstick way, but it is all planned. That is clever.

I was stating my oppinion. Go back to 4chan if you'd like to slate everyone else on the internet for no reason.

YJ
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
Quote by CTFOD
Series 1 > Series 2 + 3.

Its a funny show, but it is completely raped by the scene kids who try to be 'random'.

+1

The Radio Series was quite win too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by CTFOD
And he goes on about "WELL IF IT'S YOUR OPINION SAY SO"

I got a good laugh out of it anyway.

Quote by YamiJoey

It is extremely clever, because they make it seem like they have no idea what they're doing, and you laugh at them in a sort of slapstick way, but it is all planned. That is clever.

I was stating my oppinion. Go back to 4chan if you'd like to slate everyone else on the internet for no reason.

YJ

Are you a multi? My God....
I think I remember why I left in the first place now. ¬_¬

YJ
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
Quote by CTFOD
Series 1 > Series 2 + 3.

That plus the whole NME-raping-them thing has really turned me off watching it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by YamiJoey
I think I remember why I left in the first place now. ¬_¬

YJ

Because people have different opinions?

Quote by 67_67
That plus the whole NME-raping-them thing has really turned me off watching it.

I care not for NME.

I was going to see them live in November, but then I realised it would be chock-full of scenesters in bad outfits.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by YamiJoey

I was insinuating you were moaning like a little child, having to explain that has rendered that joke completely useless now, thank you so much.

I wasn't slating everyone, you tit, just you and The Mighty Boosh.

RMF

Quote by Heavens_To_Hell
It's good, but I hate how it's now become a by-word for scene kids to look hip.

I remember when you could only watch it at like 3am on BBC3 and you only found it by accident if you couldn't sleep.

Ah the good old days...

Just what a insomniac needs, an acid trip of a Tv show... :P
Why does it matter who likes the show? If you enjoy it; then watch it, if you don't; then don't watch it. Me and my sister went to see them in Manchester, and it was full of scene kids, who I don't mix with all that well, but we sat down and watched the show, and we enjoyed it.

If other people liking something makes you dislike it, you've got a very warped view on life.

YJ

EDIT: "Because people have different opinions?"

No, because people slate you for giving your oppinion, and like to slate things that they don't like.

"I wasn't slating everyone, you tit, just you and The Mighty Boosh."

I know you were slating me, but I was giving my oppinion, and I made a point. You seemed to miss that. Did you fail English or something?
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
I like the second series

Third series is meh and tbh i can't really stand it any more now that NME try and have bumsex with the two of them every issue
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
For some reason, just about everyone I know absolutely adores Old Greg. Not even the whole episode, just the part when he's on the boat, and I don't understand it - after watching the entire episode, it's all the same type of humor, but they hate it. Kind of pisses me off, 'cause I really liked the whole thing.
"Get the cherry, get the cherry!"
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by YamiJoey
Why does it matter who likes the show? If you enjoy it; then watch it, if you don't; then don't watch it. Me and my sister went to see them in Manchester, and it was full of scene kids, who I don't mix with all that well, but we sat down and watched the show, and we enjoyed it.

If other people liking something makes you dislike it, you've got a very warped view on life.

YJ

I'm sorry but I cannot take a word you say seriously. It is like a parody of itself and full of pseudonyms.

Last edited by Jackolas at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by wtf290
For some reason, just about everyone I know absolutely adores Old Greg. Not even the whole episode, just the part when he's on the boat, and I don't understand it - after watching the entire episode, it's all the same type of humor, but they hate it. Kind of pisses me off, 'cause I really liked the whole thing.
"Get the cherry, get the cherry!"

I loved that part.

Boosh radio series ftmfw.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by Jackolas
I'm sorry but I cannot take a word you say seriously. It is like a parody of itself and full of pseudonyms.

... Why? Because I'm right and you're too obsessed with the internet to actually try to understand the real world?

[Insert pointless picture here]

YJ

EDIT: There's more to English than spelling. Do you think we spell everything the same throughout the world and throughout history? No. It's about understanding the use of the language and what words mean.

w/e. Just get back to talking about how good the Boosh is.
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
Quote by YamiJoey
... Why? Because I'm right and you're too obsessed with the internet to actually try to understand the real world?

[Insert pointless picture here]

YJ

Quote by YamiJoey
I know you were slating me, but I was giving my oppinion, and I made a point. You seemed to miss that. Did you fail English or something?

It's spelt OPINION, you wannabe-pretentious loaf.

Stop spelling it "oppinion" then saying others "failed English". I suggest you stop posting for five minutes and calm down in the corner.

Stop signing your posts with "YJ", everyone knows who wrote them. Do you do it to remind yourself who you are?

Finally, you should know who that character is, since you are clearly such a seasoned critic on comedy.
Quote by YamiJoey

Please, allow me to quote your original post.
Quote by YamiJoey

YJ

Quote by YamiJoey

YJ

Other people liking the show has nothing to do with it. It seems like they've caved in to pressure to aim it at that market a lot more. Most obvious example, Vince goes from a Mod in an electro band to a scenester/goth in a punk band.

Quote by YamiJoey
EDIT: "Because people have different opinions?"

No, because people slate you for giving your oppinion, and like to slate things that they don't like.

Again, let me quote your original post.

Quote by YamiJoey

YJ

Telling people to shut up for having a different opinion seems an awful lot like 'slating them for giving their opinion.'

EDIT: Also what Jackolas said.
Quote by duncang

at his command
i dont find it very good, but alot of my friends like it

i met noel fielding... they were jelous about that

he looked kinda weird i dont see why everyone likes him so much. he was funny on big fat quiz of the year though.. and in IT crowd.
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
"Other people liking the show has nothing to do with it. It seems like they've caved in to pressure to aim it at that market a lot more. Most obvious example, Vince goes from a Mod in an electro band to a scenester/goth in a punk band."

OK, the crowd it fits with. If you don't want to be associated with a crowd of people, then either act a completely different way, and thus become what you're trying not to be; someone else, or simply be yourself, and people will know the difference between you and everyone else.

"Telling people to shut up for having a different opinion seems an awful lot like 'slating them for giving their opinion.'"

I was speaking of opinions (did I get it right this time?) whereas the original posted stated, as a fact, that the show was no good.

YJ
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
Quote by YamiJoey

Also we know there's more to English than spelling, why don't you construct a comprehensible sentence, then lecture us.

Calm down, we don't like The Mighty Boosh, get the fuck over it.

RMF

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Then get the fuck out of here.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote rhcp_freak and:

"Did you fail English or something?" is a legitimate question, posed in a colloquial structure.

YJ
私は嵐の午前
Je suis la tempête
I am the Storm
Quote by YamiJoey
"Telling people to shut up for having a different opinion seems an awful lot like 'slating them for giving their opinion.'"

I was speaking of opinions (did I get it right this time?) whereas the original posted stated, as a fact, that the show was no good.

YJ
I was pretty happy to let you dribble yourself into a coma until now.

But lets look at what I actually said.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'd say it was the arse of British humour.
Statement of fact eh? I'd say not.
It's OK at times, but hardly the pinnacle of British humor. ----> IMO <----- *prepares for hypocritical slating from YJ*
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Also we know there's more to English than spelling, why don't you construct a comprehensible sentence, then lecture us.

Plus a sentence that isn't deeply patronising, pretentious or unreasonably aggressive.

If you aren't letting people voice their own much less extreme opinions then how can you expect people to take yourself seriously?

Oh, I almost forgot to sign my own post to highlight what a self righteous **** I am.

Jackolas.
Quote by rhcp_freak
Then get the fuck out of here.

?

I'm good here thanks...

Looks like I offended some fanboys by giving my opinion.

RMF

Page 1 of 2