So I'm lookin' for a delay pedal. This is what I need:

• <$120
  • digital (lots of clean repeats)
  • Up to 2 seconds of delay time
  • Sounds good in front of an amp
  • Preferably in a nice die-cast enclosure
  • Not super complicated
  • Works well with other pedals, specifically OD & fuzz/dist.

I need it for a spacey, experimental kind of sound for indie and such.

I'll be runnin' it in front of a Vox AC15, with a PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow.
Try out some boss pedals at guitar center like the DD-3 or DD-7, also try a Line 6 Echopark those are pretty nice
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
Boss DD-3/DD-6? I don't know the prices but they seem to cover what your looking for.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

The Boss DD-7 is a good pedal.

I'll admit, I have no experience with other pedals, but it's simple to use and has lots of features. It cost me about £100 though so that may be outside your price range.
boss makes good stuff for what you're looking for... buuut, i'd say you should look for analog, so much warmer, realer sounding, at least try the MXR carbon copy before you by the boss, so you know what the difference is and if that is something you need or not.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I'm really likin' the MXR Carbon Copy.

The Boss DD-3/DD-6/DD-7 seems have to many knobs for me. I like how the Carbon Copy is really easy to use.
Last edited by Mitchell? at Jan 4, 2009,
Boss Delays are nice, find a DD-3, DD-6, or DD-7
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Analog delays can't go up past more than a second of delay time, really, unless you get really expensive (and the pedal then gets really big). For that matter the DD-3 doesn't have more than 800ms of delay and the CC only gets 600. If you really think you need two seconds of delay time save up $40 more and look into the Boss DD-7 or DigiTech Hardwire DL-8.

And the DD series lose all their "OMG KNOBS ONOZ SCAREE"-ness once you spend a couple of hours fiddling with them, which you'd do with any new pedal anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 4, 2009,
I second the Hardwire DL-8

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
DD-6 used on ebay

OR

Hardwire dl-8

and between the two, its really just up to you but I prefer the boss.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I really liked the one i played.

If you like it go for it really legit pedal, next to the DD3 its the better pedal.

But alot of people beg to differ and seeing as i dont use much delay maybe you should look at the DD3 instead.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 4, 2009,