Right now I really need a new amp. But can't fully afford one at the moment. I have a job so I can make my payments so that's why i'm going to get that guitarcenter card or whatever. Is that a smart idea? do any of you have experience with it? or is there any other guitar sites with payment options?

thanks
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
dont do a card. just put one on layaway, or have them put credit on account for an amp, which is basically store credit for a specific thing. I am doing this with my blues deluxe. I just go in and make payments to my account, and they ordered in a blues deluxe. When it comes in, they set it on the layaway shelf w/ my name on it. Then, when i make my last payment, i give them the store credir receipt thing, and they give me the amp, end of story.
Last edited by RHCPFitz at Jan 4, 2009,
Yeah its alright but.

18 years old minimum.
some credit history
only a year

So you can't go in and buy a ****ing jcm 100 watt head and cab and just expect to pay it off. They also have minimum payments per month that are a little steep (mine was at one time 40 dollars).

ALSO if you can't pay off the whole thing after the year they apply back interest.

So say you spend 1000 dollars (reasonable, bit high though) and a year later there is 50 dollars left on the card. Well they apply a year of interest on that 50 dollars which suddenly becomes $143 or what not lol.

So be careful.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
i have a guitar center card and i think its great. you just have to buy things when they are offering 12 months no interest and no payments. just be sure to pay it all off by the time its over or they screw you over with all the interest....its like 20%.
Well I hope (and I'm really trying here) that you'll use your parents credit history to apply right?

Because I'm 99.9% sure that they will deny you an application. I have one and I used it when I bought 1800 bucks of stuff I needed.

As for the interest being re-applied....well that's with EVERY credit offer...that's why they offer "Special Financing for 12 Months".

I don't know...I had to pay my debt in 11 months. Which means I had to spend some dough every month on debts, as if I didn't have enough.

But yeah, if your parents help you then yeah go crazy! BUT pay before 12 months. Or you'll get raped. Simply because the payments they offer on their website are ridiculous....

EDIT:^It's 21.4 Fixed minimum I think.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Last edited by Pertenozzo at Jan 4, 2009,
Yeah my dad is going to apply for me. Right now I have $700 dollars which will go towards the amp I want, and I make about $400 dollars a month. (****ing minimum wage) So i'm pretty hopeful I can pay it off in a year.

so no go? I'm getting mixed answers lol
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Well if your dad is helping you, then I say go for it. **** when I was 17 I had to work a full time job and complete my studies every night for me to have the equipment I wanted.

GO CRAZY!
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club