Page 1 of 2
Valkyrie? anyone seen it?

I saw it the other day and I loved it. Started out slow but the story and writing was fantastic and the typecasting/acting was even better.

My mom was crying at the end and I was shaking.
I walked out of theater with a more vivid image of the power of propoganda and governmet and the evil that word of mouth can do. Very eye opening.

However it is getting mediocre ratings from most sites that I look on and I dont hear much
about it. I thought it was fantastic.

Discuss?
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
going to see it with my History class when it is released
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Lol you went to the movies with your mom.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
it looks damn good, cant wait to see it
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
There was already a pretty big thread about Valkyrie. I'm not going to bother reporting or making a lame search bar joke, but yeah. FYI.
I saw it yesterday and I also thought it was very good. Tom Cruise was fantastic. I think you have to have a certain mindset before going in to see it in order to get the most out of it though. Many of my friends that I saw it with didn't think it was very good.
Quote by Devopast

what's so funny? so did i....
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
If the name is anything to go by, it'll be ****ing sick.

Really, though, it looks good. I'll probably see it at some point in the future, though perhaps not at the theaters.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie,
Battening on huge seaworms in his sleep;
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.
I watched what really happened on the military channel (the only time i've watched that channel). It was pretty cool when they reenacted it. I heard Tom Cruise's performance was overemotional. I never notice, I don't pay attention to acting. But Dopey_Trout... it came out a while ago...
There be no shelter here.
It sounds pretty good.

Another underrated movie: Into The Wild. I never hear anything about it but it's amazing.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Looks good.

I'm going to see it, even though I already know the ending....

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
id like to see it, i saw flags of our fathers last night on the topic of war. It was really moving and interesting. Anyone else seen it?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I thought everything about the movie was executed perfectly, except for Tom Cruise. The movie's filled with big name British actors like Bill Nighy and Terence Stamp, and Cruise just seems out of place. The characters were German but had British accents, except for Tom Cruise, who had an American accent......it was just very odd for me. So in short, it would have been much better without Tom Cruise.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
It sounds pretty good.

Another underrated movie: Into The Wild. I never hear anything about it but it's amazing.

into the wild really is the best.
great soundtrack too.
███████████████████████████████████
Tom Cruise plays a Nazi with a thick American accent?

'K, sounds great.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Devopast

yup
-George Carlin

PM me to donate
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

That was an awesome movie, soundtrack by Eddie Vedder kicks ass too.
that's a good movie, not as powerful as you're making it out to be, but it's good, tom cruise is pretty much back
Quote by Devopast

some of us have good relationships with our mothers, and that is in an entirely non sexual way.
I love my mother, get over it.

Not that I go see movies with her...but that's becuase neither of us are big movie fans haha

I'm going to need to check out this movie

but probably when its out on video
3 cheers for Netflix
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
It sounds pretty good.

Yes one of my fav acoustic songs to sing and play is Guaranteed, the main theme from it.
The book was even better.
-George Carlin

PM me to donate
it was cool, but i wouldve liked at least german accents. at the begging it had cruise talking in german as he was writing his diary. then he went all english, but it was a good movie i saw with my friends yesterday
Quote by Devopast

LMFAOROTFLOL BITCH.

Yeah, not really that funny.

But anywho, I intend on seeing that movie, only I don't know when I'll actually get off my arse and bother.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Just Andrew
Tom Cruise plays a Nazi with a thick American accent?

'K, sounds great.

well Im american so I wouldnt know much about American accents.

The first scene he is speaking in german, then it just flows into english, and the whole movie is in english but the writing and all is in german.

EDIT: sorry, already been said.
-George Carlin

PM me to donate
Last edited by B4Dkarma at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by B4Dkarma
well Im american so I wouldnt know much about American accents.

I'm american and I know plenty about American accents, so should you, you hear them everyday.

it was a much better movie than I was expecting actually.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by randyaintdead82
it was cool, but i wouldve liked at least german accents. at the begging it had cruise talking in german as he was writing his diary. then he went all english, but it was a good movie i saw with my friends yesterday

They're speaking english, I don't see how them speaking in american accents breaks the emersion.
Quote by Toastbot
They're speaking english, I don't see how them speaking in american accents breaks the emersion.

yeah pretty much, the only time it;s a problem is if you have people that are supposed to be American in there too, then it get's kind of weird when everyone has an American accent.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Devopast

+!
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Quote by courtkid1012
I watched what really happened on the military channel (the only time i've watched that channel). It was pretty cool when they reenacted it. I heard Tom Cruise's performance was overemotional. I never notice, I don't pay attention to acting. But Dopey_Trout... it came out a while ago...

in the states

its just been released over here
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
As awesome as it looks, The Wrestler and Gran torino come first.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
The Wrestler and Gran torino come first.

The Wrestler was pretty good. I saw the preview for Gran Torino and when old man Eastwood said, "Get off my lawn!" I completely lost it.
That's the point man! Geriatric Dirty Harry. Except he's using a Lee Engfield now haha
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by hugh20
id like to see it, i saw flags of our fathers last night on the topic of war. It was really moving and interesting. Anyone else seen it?

Letters from Iwo Jima was better and is one of my favorite war movies. Flags of our Fathers was an interesting take on WWII movies though.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by Brandon860
That's the point man! Geriatric Dirty Harry. Except he's using a Lee Engfield now haha

It was just so cliche, yet awesome. You don't know how badly I wanted him to follow it up with "You damned hooligans!" or "you little rascals!" I would probably have actually seen the movie then.

I'll probably see it eventually though, once it shows up on Netflix.
I found it to be terrible. Tom Cruise was a bad choice for an actor, he looked rediculous with that eye patch.
His wife, or lover or whatever the woman was, was merely a plot device and she was completely useless in the plot.
They tried to make a suspense thriller out of a piece of history. Guess what guys, We know what happened! It was basically a waiting game to say " Oh look, they failed."

Bollocks movie, waste of money.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
Quote by happytimeharry
The Wrestler was pretty good. I saw the preview for Gran Torino and when old man Eastwood said, "Get off my lawn!" I completely lost it.

thank god. every time i see that trailer in the theaters or something i start cracking up and everyone looks at me like i'm crazy. i mean for fuck's sake, i like eastwood and all, but the man is not dirty harry anymore, he's 78 years old and if he got in a fight with a gang he'd get destroyed, which just makes it hilarious, but everyone is taking him seriously, like an 80 year old man fighting a gang cause they won't "get off his lawn" isn't funny as hell.

edit:

Quote by Judas Acolyte
I found it to be terrible. Tom Cruise was a bad choice for an actor, he looked rediculous with that eye patch.
His wife, or lover or whatever the woman was, was merely a plot device and she was completely useless in the plot.
They tried to make a suspense thriller out of a piece of history. Guess what guys, We know what happened! It was basically a waiting game to say " Oh look, they failed."

Bollocks movie, waste of money.

or maybe his wife was an actual part of the story, because you've made it clear that it's a true story, and therefore she was there. also, a movie can be good without having a big plot twist or shocking ending. i mean, look at titanic, you knew where that was going, but that didn't stop it from being one of the most popular and loved movies ever.
Last edited by NGD1313 at Jan 4, 2009,
An underated movie HOT ROD

but i think saving private ryan is one of the best war movies made....or Black Hawk Down
Page 1 of 2