Alot of classic rock focuses too much on the guitar vs the actual song. I know it sounds weird saying it on a guitar website but a lot of the time when listening to led zeppelin and their guitar solo's for example, the solo just ruins the entire song because it turns into a fvcking jimmy page wanking off session.

Has anybody heard the solo in Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker? My god its like diarrhea.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
well, maybe you should listen to some different bands?

theres a ****load of bands, and alot of them aren't nearly as guitar oriented as led zeppelin.
I do listen to different music, and i can't believe that i once liked led zeppelin. I'm talking about the classic rock artists that focus too much on guitar, i'll give another example - van halen.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
wow man you must be kidding. Your a guitar player complaining about to much great guitar playing. Why the hell you listen to it if your just gonna bitch about it? Problem fixed.
That's just their style man. There are tons of classic rock bands that put the focus on the whole band instead of just the guitar like the Beatles, the Who, the Stones, Cream, etc...
Quote by zeprider25
wow man you must be kidding. Your a guitar player complaining about to much great guitar playing. Why the hell you listen to it if your just gonna bitch about it? Problem fixed.

When I saw your username, I loled so ****ing much.

Not that I can really talk.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Well most classic rocks considered GUITAR rock meaning that, as much as you may hate it, there will occasionally be some GUITARRRR. Don't whine about guitar rock having too much guitar man...

Besides there are plenty of CR artists who aren't entirely guitar oriented:

Bob Dylan
Pink Floyd (Tons of different instruments)
Beatles

There are a MILLION others man...
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by Craig01
Alot of classic rock focuses too much on the guitar vs the actual song. I know it sounds weird saying it on a guitar website but a lot of the time when listening to led zeppelin and their guitar solo's for example, the solo just ruins the entire song because it turns into a fvcking jimmy page wanking off session.

Has anybody heard the solo in Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker? My god its like diarrhea.

jimmy page is just playing a guitar solo, as sloppy as it may seem, its his vision
'Music is the best"
Zappa
My problem with classic rock is that all of it is old. What's up with that?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
All I can say is listen to Pink Floyd, and then retract your statement.

Seriously, there's never been a band where the musicians gelled so perfectly. Nobody was self-indulgent or excessive... it was just doing what was perfect for the part. Obviously the band had their ego issues, but listening to everything pre-1979 that's indecipherable.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Pink floyd isn't the best example ( you probably already know im a huge floyd fan, no beef), their lead instrument is very often a guitar.. most of their songs have a guitar solo in them, gilmour just really holds back more than Page.

either way, my suggestions \
King Crimson
Yes
the Doors
I don't think you got what I meant.

Even with the solos, everything they did was about the SONG, and making the song better- rather than making someone look better individually.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by Craig01
I do listen to different music, and i can't believe that i once liked led zeppelin. I'm talking about the classic rock artists that focus too much on guitar, i'll give another example - van halen.

A lot of Led Zeppelin songs, and even a lot of Van Halen songs, are about the song. Sure, there are guitar solos, but they fit perfectly with the song (ex: Van Halen - So This Is Love?) as opposed to just showing off. Then again, I'm biased because those are my favorite bands, and I tend to focus more on vocals than on guitar anyway.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.