yeah uh,I was browsing myspace a while back and came across a blog from Roope whilst he was on tour, and it said something about the "finger fairy" where the hard skin on the end of your fingers literally splits open. He then fixed it with crazy glue which sounds unbearably stingy to me.

Long story short, does this genuinely happen or is it just whining about finger pain.

DISTRACTION
I cut my callous open once when playing on my friend's .8 gauge guitar (he just put them on). No blood or anything though, thank god.

Even so, I wouldn't put glue anywhere near an open wound, except for that medical kind. Maybe its whining about finger pain.
i make my calousses peel every now and again..
but it doesnt hurt..

maybe it could if you rape that e string..
but its sounds like whining.

PSN: reldask
Putting instant glue is painful, but relatively safe(unless you're allergic) and incredibly efficient way to deal with open wounds on hands and such. I used to be a windsurfing instructor(still sail from time to time)and done this many times, so did my friends.
mub is right its ok to do, but you would have to play guitar forever for something like that to happen i played for 10 hours once and they just looked a little bruised.
Actually hospitals have been known to close wounds with CA cyanoacrylate (Super glue) of course they use a steril type but you can use it to close and fill small cuts in your finger tips. Criminals use it to fill there fingerprints so they wont leave any! LOL

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Jan 4, 2009,
Quote by johnro6659
Actually hospitals have been known to close wounds with CA cyanoacrylate (Super glue) of course they use a steril type but you can use it to close and fill small cuts in your finger tips. Criminals use it to fill there fingerprints so they wont leave any! LOL

John

ya its much quicker then stitching and without a shot for the pain, also they don't need to be removed. most people who don't have a lot of money get glued its much cheaper.
Just to add, tissue glue apart from being sterile contains some colagene, fibrine and other proteins to help the wound closure.It's cheap and fast to use, the downside is that scars are not as esthetic as when closed by sutures.
apparently using a surgical spirit helps to harden them up and stop them from breaking open, helps them heal over nicely as well, i would always recommend washing the wound first b4 putting anything on them tho, but glue is relatively safe believe or not and it wouldn't hurt
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube